Airfix Supacat Coyote help required

Pappy

G'day people,

This is probably a numpty question but in my defence I am primarily a jet builder and only dabble in Armour.

I have the Airfix 1/48 Supacat Coyote kit. At step 48, part 3a is attached to the front of the vehicle. Part 3a is some form of perforated plate used (I assume) to help the vehicle gain extra traction in the eventuality that it becomes bogged.

029_zpsndtzdf2f.jpg

There are two vertical locating tabs on the part but the Airfix instructions do not indicate which way is up. The tabs have a a straight rear edge but the part is molded in such a way that when attached it will be slightly angled. since it can be installed either way, my question is:

Which way is up? - Should the top edge angle back towards the cab or away from it?

cheers,

Pappy+

https://supacat.com/products/hmt/hmt600/

There’s a good front end picture on this website. Looking through the images Google throws up, to me it looks like the PSP (perforated steel planking) is vertical with the nose being slightly sloped.

so at a guess, it should be attached with the top ending up furthest from the nose but in essence that part will be vertical. Hopefully that makes sense?

G'day Dougie,

I tend to agree. From the pictures I have seen, there seems to be a widers :air gap' at the top. The front part of the cab should be attached at 90 degrees to the vertival according to the instructions so not much help there but after trial fitting both ways it looks better with the wider gap at the top,

cheers,

Pappy