Airfix S.M.79.

Well done steve, when i saw your paint job i thought you might have used a few cut out pieces of  shaped potato dipped in paint, (i did once  back in the day) , but on closer inspection ,like the terracotta army are individual, so are your splodges, top job sir, very evenly spaced too, 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

That looks great to me Steve, would have sent me cross eyed!

It did Craig,tonight I've painted the white band and masked and painted the red band around the cowling's I'm off to put the kettle on now the 

missus doesn't mind me decalling at the kitchen table so time for the Phantom to get dressed and and put the Guinness in the fridge.

• Like 1

Morning folk's I,ve had a real crisis over this build,one minute I'm happy the next I'm not,this wasn't helped by the crunch of one of the prop's under my

foot(after much cursing now repaired).It nearly had a re-paint then @TonyW came to the rescue with his Phantom posting and I got back the spirit of what

I'm trying to do with these builds not trying to get 100% accuracy just build an old kit and have fun,I've some projects for later GB's that will take me back into

that side of the hobby.Anyway hopefully you get where I'm coming from so here she is as of today,I'm not sure whether to paint the front cowlings again(two

poor attempts already) or just go with the box art.

20200515_100048

• Like 18

Looks really good to me Steve, I'm just taking the GB as an opportunity to put my own stamp on a kit, something I've always done even as a kid! So I think the look of your Italian lesser spotted speckled hen is perfect, love the paintwork!

Mark.

19 minutes ago, MarkSH said:

Looks really good to me Steve, I'm just taking the GB as an opportunity to put my own stamp on a kit, something I've always done even as a kid! So I think the look of your Italian lesser spotted speckled hen is perfect, love the paintwork!

Mark.

Cheer's Mark I think once the decal's are on it will lift the scheme as well.

That looks spot on to me.

The cammo is perfectly spaced, it's almost machine like in its application. The cowls look very smart and once the decals go on the whole thing will come together splendidly. It's well up to your usual standards Steve.

Tony.

• Like 2

Afternoon all,much happier now she's glossed and the decals working,now I can concentrate on the undersides,u/c and wheels painted next job the 

gray coat.

20200516_152541 (1)

• Like 23

Plodding on with this one,u/c fitted and four coats the damned gray has taken but now it's done and I can finish the painting where the upper

surface wraps around the wing leading edge.

20200522_105125

• Like 9

3 hours ago, modelling minion said:

The grey may have taken 4 coats Steve but it certainly looks good now.

I like the camo wrapped around the leading edges.

Thanks Craig it is coming together now.I have three new kits ordered to take me to the end of the GB.an airfix classic a Frog and a Revell more on that later.!

• Like 3

Hi Steve,

Your "Gobbi" (Hunchback) is looking great. If mine comes out anything like that I will be very happy.

Cheers

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 1

Great looking model there. The freehand camouflage has come out really well. 

I can't believe Airfix still have the wrong painting instructions. I built one of these back in the 1978ish.  Fortunately one of my class mates in school told me to follow the box top painting and ignore the instructions. 

Colin 

• Like 1