H.P. Jetstream C-10A

So - this my first finished 'lock-down' build! :D

It has overtaken the Cheyenne and the Ju-87 and has been build in 13 days!

Troublefree build apart from the decals - which were too stiff  - and some self induced problems, which were - more or less easily solved. :winkgrin:

So without further ado: Let me present the Airfix 1/72 Handley-Page Jetstream C-10A

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hope you like it!

Cheers - and keep safe apart :bye:

Hans J

Edited by HansReggelsen
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Wonderful Hans, a classic Airfix Jetstream built as Airfix intended, but the Jetstream variant that never entered service with the USAF as they changed their mind, which left both Handley Page and Airfix with a similar problem, poor sales..

This Jetstream demonstrator did actually appear in an episode of the 1970 television series UFO, it lands at an airfield ( Radlett ), taxies up to the factory buildings, the airstairs open and a group of the earth defence high command disembark to a waiting limousine. They are then ambushed by aliens on their way to earth defence headquarters................... the Jetstream still wears part of the USAF markings in the film.

regards, adey

Edited by adey m
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, adey m said:

This actual Jetstream did actually appear in an episode of the 1970 television series UFO, it lands at an airfield ( Radlett ), taxies up to the factory buildings, the airstairs open and a group of the earth defence high command disembark to a waiting limousine. They are then ambushed by aliens on there way to earth defence headquarters................... the Jetstream still wears part of the USAF markings in the film.

Thank you - must look this up! :D

8 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I have one of these inthe stash to build one day. I thought about changing the engines but it looks fine as is with you build.

Thank you - I chose to build this OOB, but I think that A Model makes some with the newer engines. :D

Cheers and thanks to you all! :bye:

Hans J

• Like 2

resized_1c682717-7acc-4139-9fba-f7cae972

Here you are Hans, a still from that UFO episode. The Jetstream is parked in front of the Handley Page factory. Note part of the USAF markings are still visible.

regards, adey

Edited by adey m
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, adey m said:

Wonderful Hans, a classic Airfix Jetstream built as Airfix intended, but the Jetstream variant that never entered service with the USAF as they changed their mind, which left both Handley Page and Airfix with a similar problem, poor sales...…………...

Although thankfully it did achieve good sales success under initially SA and then BAE ownership in the civilian (and some military) sectors.

• Like 1