Frenchies in the RAF, 340 French Sqn Spitfire XVI

Wez

Well, as I was damn fool enough to suggest this GB, I suppose I better step to the fore!

This is a placeholder for my build which will proceed at a glacial pace whilst I continue my studies.

My subject is Spitfire XVIe, TB702, GW-Y of 340 (French) Sqn RAF/GC4/2 "Île de France" whilst stationed at Linge-Drope in Germany in April/May 1945 (although one source says as late as July 1945).

I'll be using the 1/72nd scale Eduard XVIe Early Overtrees, decals courtesy of Xtradecal.

Pictures to follow when I have time.

Have fun and welcome everyone.

Edited by Wez
  • Like 4

I might have a change of plan...   ...I have an Arma hobby FM-2 Wildcat coming to me (plus overtrees), I may do that instead.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Good evening Wez

I must admit that I was a little bit disappointed with your decision but it' is your choice , have fun with the Arma Hobby Willdcat ..

Best regards

Patrice

11 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening Wez

I must admit that I was a little bit disappointed with your decision but it' is your choice , have fun with the Arma Hobby Willdcat ..

Best regards

Patrice

Patrice,

A moment of madness and the excitement that comes with having ordered a new kit.

I'm sticking with the original plan as I'm in Spitfire mode and I don't have to do any more research.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

I hope that you will have enough time to ''build them both'' as our friend Enzo would say ..

There's not a chance of that I'm afraid Patrice, I'm already chancing my arm making this Spitfire and the Mk.22 in the STGB.