Hi guys, forgive me for jumping to the end but she is now complete. I used a bit of the Airwaves PE, Airwaves resin wheels, Falcon clear vax parts, spare Revell Lanc propellors

and Blackbird decals as the kit ones were basically u/s. I also used old Tamiya decals for the large "do not walk" areas. The Blackbird decals settled well, the Tamiya ones really did not. I could have done a better job with fixing the canopy but I think it still looks better than the kit parts. There are still inaccuracies all round but it looks like a Mossie and it was good fun to build. Definitely a mojo restorer!

IMG_20200706_105239 IMG_20200706_105313 IMG_20200706_105304 IMG_20200706_105348 IMG_20200706_105257 IMG_20200706_105321

• Like 9

Well I really like that, a lot!

It's a great scheme and it really suits the Mossie, glad that the Blackbird decals worked nicely as they are a brand that I've not used before but like the look of some of their subjects.

Very well done, and don't forget to put some pics in the gallery.

• Like 1

Very nice!

I had one of these many years ago but it was scapped which is perhaps a pity as I believe it had the later 2 stage Merlins. However, whilst cleaning out my workroom cum stiudy so my wife can decorate it I came across the Matchbox NF30 which I had completely forgotten I had built. A few years back I bought the Airfix upgraded multi kit with the Swedish/NF option and that can also build up as a late NF, but still only has the single stage engines, so I think a bit of cross-kitting is on the cards.

Cheers

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 1