Spring clean

Heather Kay

It’s raining here in Lockdown, I’m between 1940 aircraft builds, don’t want to do any "proper" work, so I decided to dust and rearrange the models in my display cabinet.

49828930758_7ebe1060d2_b.jpg

This is it. By rearranging the models, I think I’ve managed to squeeze a space or two for a couple of little models to fit in.

49828931113_20dd2f31d6_b.jpg

The free space came at the expense of these three. Now, as a rule, I dislike scrapping models. I have, however, replaced these with better kits, so I think I’ll break them for spares and the Bits Box. A pity, because the Beau caused me no end of trouble, being one of my earliest forays into limited run kits, and the Master is but a caricature. Ah well, I’ll have the memories.

49828930948_9c9f18020f_b.jpg

My biggest problem is this lot. With the cabinet already bursting at the seams, I’ve been limiting myself to just the smallest kits. As you can see, there are plenty of quite large models waiting their turn - but with no display space for them when finished.

I suppose I really ought to get back to the paying stuff and earn enough to upgrade the display cabinet, then. :angel:

• Like 2

I think the other air forces of 1940 would have turned over and all gone back to bed once that TSR2 arrived! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s true that, while my main focus is on 1940, I do occasionally veer off course. TSR2 is one of my favourite Cold War what-ifs, and when we get the chance to visit the RAF Museum at Cosford we make a beeline for their example to pay homage.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AltcarBoB said:

Should display them properly on bits of cotton thread hanging from the ceiling.

Knowing the way our house is built, even the lightest one would bring the ceiling down!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Heather Kay said:

Knowing the way our house is built, even the lightest one would bring the ceiling down!

I once had a 1/72 Boeing B29 make its maiden flight from ceiling to floor bringing a big scab of plaster with it. My Dad was not a happy man and banned me from pinning any more planes to my bedroom ceiling, I think I went a bit overboard with the unnecessary Lead weight in the nose to stop it tail sitting 😂

• Haha 1