Norwegian Leopard 2s and CV90s - colours and decals

Blimpyboy

Hiya all,

I am planning to build a 1/32 Leopard 2 and CV90, both in Norwegian Army colours.

Does anybody out there have any information as to what colours these vehicles are painted in? Also, does any company make any decals similar to the markings in the photos I've placed in this post?

Leopard 2s:

https://snl.no/Leopard_2

and

https://www.dn.no/janne-haaland-matlary/forsvaret/senterpartiet/julian-lindley-french/fra-har-til-milits/1-1-5629861

and

https://www.oblad.no/badebyen/renate-19-forer-an-i-striden/s/2-2.2610-1.3858798

CV90s:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Edited by Blimpyboy
New image link

I believe the majority of the Leo 2A4NOs and the Spv CV9030N (or Mk 3b?) in the pics you gave are from the Panserbataljonen (Armoured Battalion). Norwegian CV90s are usually in Cavalry units and these ones have markings in Blue, which is for the Panserbataljonen's Kavalerieskadronen 1 (Cavalry Squadron), while these Leo 2A4NOs have red markings for the Panserbataljonen's Stridsvogneskadronen 2 (Armoured Squadron?). Norwegian Army buffs, please chime in on corrections pls!

I have not actually seen Modern Norwegian Army decals. I wish you the best of luck. I love Nordic militaries, perhaps 1 day I can do a CV90!

I did the artwork for Norwegian license plates some time ago, including 1/32 military ones. These are silk printed, and you have to combine the individual digits on a pre-painted golden yellow plate. I got some sheets for the job, if I only could find them. Selling for NOK 50 + p&p if you are interested.

For the other markings, I cannot help.

I have a sample of the original paint - OGF-70 (Olive Green Field Colour). I could try painting it on a chip and see if I can match it to a FS colour or similar.

Nils

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 29/04/2020 at 09:16, Vingtor said:

I did the artwork for Norwegian license plates some time ago, including 1/32 military ones. These are silk printed, and you have to combine the individual digits on a pre-painted golden yellow plate. I got some sheets for the job, if I only could find them. Selling for NOK 50 + p&p if you are interested.

For the other markings, I cannot help.

I have a sample of the original paint - OGF-70 (Olive Green Field Colour). I could try painting it on a chip and see if I can match it to a FS colour or similar.

Nils

Dear Vingtor, have you succeeded in matching the colour?

12 hours ago, Steben said:

Dear Vingtor, have you succeeded in matching the colour?

Black is not difficult to match. As written, the plates have to be prepainted by the modeller.

Nils