1/72nd Freightdog Models Seafire Mk.Ib, 731 NAS, RNAS EastHaven, 1944-45

Hiya Folks,

Freightdog Models occasionally release injection moulded kits from one of the Eastern European manufacturers with their own decal options and some extra parts added and this Seafire Mk.Ib kit is one of them. It is based on the excellent little KP Kit with a resin under fuselage section depicting the hook and decal options included for the Seafire Mk.Ib prototype BL676 used for deck landing trials aboard HMS Illustrious in 1942 or for MB335, coded E3Y of 731 NAS at RNAS East Haven used for training Deck Landing Control Officers,...or Batsmen as they are better known! I chose the latter aircraft which appears in a photo on page 36 of the Aircam No.8 for the Spitfire XII-24 & Seafire I-47. This Seafire was quite heavily weathered and had obviously been repainted at some stage and fitted with 6 stub exhaust although it still retained the Vokes filter fitted to early Mk.Ib`s. The model was brush painted. Here is a link to the kit;

https://www.freightdogmodels.co.uk/freightdog-1-72-supmarine-seafire-mk-ib-injection-moulded-kit.html

And here is the model;

e5.jpg

e.jpg

e1.jpg

e3.jpg

e4-NEW.jpg

e6.jpg

e10.jpg

e11-NEW.jpg

Cheers

Tony

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

That's a very smart looking Seafire Tony. 

I must admit that I have a soft spot for the FAA colours of the period. 

Yet another fine aeroplane from the Tonyot Aircraft Company. 

Thanks for sharing it with us. 

That's a very smart looking Seafire Tony. 

I must admit that I have a soft spot for the FAA colours of the period. 

Yet another fine aeroplane from the Tonyot Aircraft Company. 

Thanks for sharing it with us. 

• Like 1

That's a very fine model you've made! I'm really enjoying seeing all these outstanding brush painted models: I always had an idea that to do this seriously, one had to use an airbrush. I've never fancied getting one, as I find brush painting quite therapeutic and peaceful. I hope I can get my models looking as good as that though!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Aces High said:

That's a very fine model you've made! I'm really enjoying seeing all these outstanding brush painted models: I always had an idea that to do this seriously, one had to use an airbrush. I've never fancied getting one, as I find brush painting quite therapeutic and peaceful. I hope I can get my models looking as good as that though!

Absolutely agree there. Airbrush? What airbrush?

Superb looking Seafire Tony.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Colin @ Freightdog Models said:

Lovely job as usual Tony, and thanks for the link. I've just dropped the price down to £15 for a limited period if anyone wants one.

Colin 

Cheers Colin,.... just sorry it took so long to finish,....... it was partly done when my hospital induced modelling block descended! 

• Like 1