Revell Ford GT LM

First post here, so hi everyone. 

As a youngster I was a prolific builder, mainly military and laterly cars.  I  have always held an interest but lacked the time to really get building.  Until now.....

I have built two AFVs, a Fujimi GT40 and have just finished this Revell Ford GT over the past 5 weeks at home. 

This one was painted with Zero paints Wynns purple and was treated to a Decalcas resin detail kit and Keating motorsports livery decals.  I also used Tamiya carbon decal, added the antenna and used a staple as a pitot tube

Thanks for looking 

Jeff

20200427_171325

20200427_171339

20200427_171448

20200427_171518

20200427_171743

20200427_171838

20200427_171849

20200427_172305

Edited by mrkipling
Missing word
  • Like 19

Jeff, Great effort on a decal sheet that happens to have a car under it !

Very disciplined paint work near totally hidden by those logos  and carbon.

Tip for future presentation; close up detail shots are great - but dust the car first with compressed air or soft make-up brush.

Show more models !

Very nice introduction to the forum well done. Looks to be quite a challenging decal scheme but you nailed it 👍Looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future. 

This looks great. That "Wynns" colour scheme is far preferable to the one supplied in Revell's box. I have this same kit in my to-do pile. Nice carbon-decalling too.

Beautiful!

There's a great article about Ben Keating and  the 2019 Le Mans in a recent issue of Grassroots Motorsports magazine. Sounds like politics played a very large role in the post race "inspection" of his car.

Ben

As others have said this is a great way to introduce yourself, and an excellent result, even more so given the short timescale and that you're returning. In particular well done on that carbon fibre decalling.

Jeff - Welcome, this place is awesome.  Tons of ideas, inspiration, tips, and techniques.  There is the odd bit of constructive criticism.  In my experience, warranted and helpful. 

Love the subject and well executed.  That is a lot of decals.  Please continue posting!

JCH

Having recently finished this kit myself, I know this isn't the easiest model to build, and is quite difficult to paint due to all the complex shapes.  You've done a terrific job!

The decals were ok in the main, I had a few issues with those accent stripes that run from the roof to the front of the car.  They were a bit reluctant to sit down, they were all very precise though.