Airfix 1/72 Blenheim IV - a second time around

• 5 months later...

Hi Simon

Beautiful work.

Some time back you posted some pictures on Flikr from the Blenheim under defense gun.  If you PM me I will send the equivalent from the Aus Beaufort so that you can post it - I do not have a Flikr account and do not want one (sorry but I am too old for learning more @#$% apps).  More egg shaped and much longer operating handles but same concept.

• 11 months later...

Just spent some time with your WIP and boy did your perseverance pay off, fantastic result. I've accumulated half-a-dozen of these Airfix Bristol twins and blithely imagined that being modern toolings they'd all build up like Lego, clearly not the case. I fancy my IVF to be the black scheme...

22 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

Just spent some time with your WIP and boy did your perseverance pay off, fantastic result. I've accumulated half-a-dozen of these Airfix Bristol twins and blithely imagined that being modern toolings they'd all build up like Lego, clearly not the case. I fancy my IVF to be the black scheme...

Thanks - it did nearly get the better of me at times. I've struggled with a few of the 'new' Airfix kits. Not sure if it's me, or that slightly odd plastic they seem to use which seems to defy sanding!

I'm currently working my way through their Phantom FGR.2, and it's not been a 'shake and bake' by any means, although quite a lot of it was down to me...:blush:

Simon

• Like 1