AK Interactive - Poor Quality Control ?

Komedy

Hi all

Wanted to share some recent experiences having shelled out on some AK products. back in Feb I ordered some weathering products and one item was a heavy chipping effects set which included the chipping fluid etc. On opening the set the lid for the chipping fluid had not been correctly set so all of the liquid had emptied out. In the bin with that then.

Now to this week I reached for the "Worn Effects" fluid and on opening up I found the jar contaminated with dear knows what. So that ended up in the bin too and only glad I spotted it before it ended up in the airbrush. So personally its a 100% failure rate from AK and since then others have told me that QC is certainly their Achilles Heel.

Would be interested to know of other peoples experiences with poor quality from AK. Its an expensive enough hobby to be throwing stuff in the bin before you even get to use it.

Pics in spoiler

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

Like Kev says, I'd give them a chance to sort it out before getting too upset. Having said that I'm sorry to hear you're having so much hassle. 

So far I've only had one issue with their stuff: a faulty bottle of Tire Black (some of the pigment has separated and isn't mixing anymore regardless of what I do to it). Everything else I've tried is really good stuff. As far as I know they're very responsive to emails so maybe contact them and explain the problem.