Arma Hobby Hawker Hurricane

A great looking Hurricane.  The Arma kit is really good, isn't it?  Nice to see 1 Squadron RCAF (later 401 Squadron), a somewhat forgotten unit from the Battle of Britain.

• Like 1

I'm really fond of Airfix 1/72 Hurricane but this kit seems somewhat more detailed (but less easy to build).

A really nice Hurri.

1 hour ago, Meatbox8 said:

Nice to see 1 Squadron RCAF (later 401 Squadron), a somewhat forgotten unit from the Battle of Britain.

Well not by everybody it seems, please have a look at 3:36

2 minutes ago, PattheCat said:

I'm really fond of Airfix 1/72 Hurricane but this kit seems somewhat more detailed (but less easy to build).

A really nice Hurri.

Crikey!

Thanks for all the compliments, I really do appreciate them.

9 hours ago, PattheCat said:

A really nice Hurri.

*Snip*

Thanks for posting.

2 hours ago, Aces High said:

Looks splendid! Can anyone tell me what's the difference between the Arma standard and "expert" kits besides the price? I've never built one.

1 hour ago, Graham Boak said:

Expert kits have more PE, cockpit masks, and such to remain unused but drive up the price.

I haven't really looked at the etch included in the expert kit, but honestly the only thing this kit *needs* is a decent set of seat belts, anything else would be just frivolous fiddlyness that that you would at the very least 'know is there'. With the canopy closed you can't see the IP, and with that comes my only niggle with this kit, the canopy is way to thick and as a result the area behind the canopy doesn't look right, I think the open canopy really detracts from the kit more then the closed one, which in my view is not all that good, but good enough, if you look you can see how proud it sits from the fuselage, and what is showing is only half the thickness of it.  If one wants an open canopy it would be worth it in my mind to fix the area behind the canopy and use a vac.

• Like 1