Limited comment notification?

This has happened twice in the past 24 hours: I tried to 'like' a post and a little comment box popped up saying, essentially, that I had reached a maximum amount of reactions for the day.

This is a first for me.  Anyone else having this issue?

49824557482_19f568c3f1_d.jpg\

Edited by John Masters

This is normal for 'standard' forum members, like the flood control feature that prevents you making multiple replies within a very short timeframe. 

Good to know you've found so much to like! 👍

Even though I have helped fund BritModeller financially,  have been posting here for at last two full years, engaged in countless Group Builds, etc...?  

In all my time this has never happened.  It is only since the website certificate has been renewed, not that that should have anything to do with it.

I kept getting a message stating along the lines of  “this page is not secure, leave this page it is trying acquire your financial information” this morning all is good

On 27/04/2020 at 07:35, John Masters said:

Even though I have helped fund BritModeller financially,  have been posting here for at last two full years, engaged in countless Group Builds, etc...?  

Hi John - I can't see a gold bar, so could you PM me about when you donated etc., and we'll get that done for you.

On 27/04/2020 at 07:35, John Masters said:

In all my time this has never happened.  It is only since the website certificate has been renewed, not that that should have anything to do with it.

The certificate is totally unrelated, and the reason that it hadn't happened until monday is that you clearly haven't reached the upper limit before.  Are you being more generous with your likes?

Standard Members can like 100 times a day.

Gold Members can like 150 times a day.

That ought to be enough for anyone, surely? :hmmm:

46 minutes ago, Mike said:

Hi John - I can't see a gold bar, so could you PM me about when you donated etc., and we'll get that done for you.

When donations are made by members using PayPal how do you match them up with the Forum names?

Gerry

23 minutes ago, GerryW said:

When donations are made by members using PayPal how do you match them up with the Forum names?

Gerry

Sometimes we need a bit of help, but we ask people to include their Display Name and/or Registration Email Address to assist.  Sometimes it can be a bit slow if we're busy with other things, but that's the general idea :)

1 hour ago, Mike said:

more generous with your likes?

I was very generous with the Gotha build thread and caught up with all the Group Build galleries I hadn't attended to....so yes...guilty as charged!^_^

I sent the donation via PayPal on April 7.  PayPal said you should have seen it the week following.  The transaction number is 06591330X45786815, for £50.

I apologize if I sounded panicked, pushy or otherwise indignant!  These are strange times we live in and my buttons get pushed for the oddest reasons.

Thank you so much for all the work you do with the website and all the tomfoolery you must have to put up with, mine included!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Sometimes we need a bit of help, but we ask people to include their Display Name and/or Registration Email Address to assist.

Thanks for the info. I didn't see that bit anywhere when I was directed to PayPal. It's not that important anyway, main thing is that the Forum gets kept up and running. :yes:

Gerry

17 minutes ago, John Masters said:

Thank you so much for all the work you do with the website and all the tomfoolery you must have to put up with, mine included!

No worries - I'll dig it out and hit you with a gold brick shortly :)

15 minutes ago, GerryW said:

Thanks for the info. I didn't see that bit anywhere when I was directed to PayPal. It's not that important anyway, main thing is that the Forum gets kept up and running. 

..and thanks to you too.  This place costs a blinkin' fortune to run, so we need all the help we can get :yes: PM me some details and I'm sure we'll be able to tie you to your donation. :) 

4 hours ago, John Masters said:

These are strange times we live in and my buttons get pushed for the oddest reasons.

I know what you mean. We have been in self-isolation now for over a month. I can't go downtown now, even if I wanted to, because there is an ice jam down river and it's backed up the water into the downtown area. A lot of businesses have been flooded and about 10,000 people have been evacuated from all those condos and apartment building down there. The water treatment plant has been compromised so we're on a boil water advisory.

If it wasn't for this forum, I'd have lost it. If the forum goes, then I would have to talk to my wife all the time. I'm sure that wouldn't last long as I;\'m sure she would shank me if that went on too long!

Chris

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, dogsbody said:

I know what you mean. We have been in self-isolation now for over a month. I can't go downtown now, even if I wanted to, because there is an ice jam down river and it's backed up the water into the downtown area. A lot of businesses have been flooded and about 10,000 people have been evacuated from all those condos and apartment building down there. The water treatment plant has been compromised so we're on a boil water advisory.

As if we haven't been handed enough to deal with...Good luck Chris!  I was in one of those situations years ago in Vermont when the Winooski overflowed for the same reason--ice jam..  Businesses destroyed, livelihoods lost, etc...terrible.

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

I got the "can't post any more comments today" at 1-00am this morning. I had posted quite a few during the previous 24 hours but certainly under 100, Just tried again and the same thing is happening. I get the impression something is wrong, either with the Forum or my computer. Not critically urgent or anything but it would be nice to know what the problem is. With several large builds underway at the moment, could the system be overloading?

Cheers

Pete

Later - it seems to be back to normal now (Sunday evening)

Edited by PeterB