1/72 SBD Dauntless, USS Enterprise, Battle of Midway

A friend at work is neighbors with a veteran of the Battle of Midway who was a Dauntless rear gunner. I asked if his neighbor would like a model of a Dauntless and said for sure! Hopefully this current crisis will pass in time for me to give to my friend to deliver it to him.

The build thread is here, part of the In The Navy Group Build:

XqNFcTHq_o.jpg

baSPFDfo_o.jpg

nt1SO3pe_o.jpg

jD0yMQSQ_o.jpg

FZNMqQhU_o.jpg

lq4Sf6kH_o.jpg

Ycu40ogW_o.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 41
  • Thanks 1

That’s turned out lovely Cookie and there’s some nice subtle variation to the paintwork to that upper surface. You’re Veteran gunner friend will be very happy to see this I’m sure. 
Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

As I already told you, this is one of your best models to date, if not the best :worthy: The paint job is simply outstanding, and I love the feathered/worn out effect :clap: 

I surely hope it reaches its final destination soon , that veteran will no doubt be chuffed with it

Ciao

• Thanks 1

Wonderful Dauntless! I built this exact aircraft in 1987 from a Monogram 1/48 kit. Mine would need some heavy refurbishment to come closer to your excellent example. Maybe I should do that - your model inspires me.

• Like 1

Outstanding Cookie!!!!!!  This is a superb rendition of the mighty Dauntless.  You recreated the weathered effects of the airframe perfectly.  Please pass along my regards to the former tail gunner and hero for me when you pass this wonderful gift on to him!!!

:D

Mike  

• Thanks 1