HKM's monstrous Lancaster, with tweaks

Oustanding work, well done.  I'm trying to get my head around just how big that must be - is there any chance of seeing a pic next to something which would give some idea of scale?

Seats and shoulder straps very well done. Instrument panel: Unbelievable. Wish I knew how to do that. Painting the inside of the transparent fuselage half is something I wouldn't dare attempt so my hat's off to you on that, for sure. Excellent build!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max Headroom said:

Ooh, that’s nice. Painting the inside of the clear half was definitely worth the sacrifice of your sanity!

Thanks! The freehand method was a lot faster than masking, and also didn't leave tacky goo behind that required clean up. Masking the transparencies (no Eduard pre-teens masks for the me; they weren't available at the time!) was a strangely enjoyable experience. Go figure! 

12 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Seats and shoulder straps very well done. Instrument panel: Unbelievable. Wish I knew how to do that. Painting the inside of the transparent fuselage half is something I wouldn't dare attempt so my hat's off to you on that, for sure. Excellent build!

The panel is Airscale's after market addition. I learned a lot about my capacity for patience whilst assembling it... twice... 

Well for those men (and it's always men...!) who like to compare sizes, I thought I'd park a 1/72 Wurger on it, simply because I have one in the man cave.  The mat its sitting on is (I think) A2.

y4m3psoxqfhC9WuE0yK4Lxl1VAy_lpPXf6sldvY2

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Most impressive, what a challenge that clear half must have been.

Cheers

Dennis

Thank you. Actually the kit's engineering made it fairly simple. As I've said earlier, the fit tolerances are quite tight but a sneaky advantage of the opaque/transparent approach is that it isn't necessary to develop a perfect join between the two halves. Underneath, where I painted the transparent half to match the opaque it is more critical, but handily it is on the underside, where few will ever venture!