Your Connection is Not Private Error Message - 26 April, 2020

Seeing this error message when trying to access the Britmodeller Forum this afternoon under both Edge and Chrome on two separate devices, I've tried the obvious solutions of restarting both devices and my router but this does not appear to resolve the issue:

49821169851_c2732faca9_o.jpgBritmodeller_Error_Message_26-Apr-202 by richard.everett3, on Flickr

I've been able to access the site by selecting the "proceed to britmodeller.com (unsafe)" link but the URL is returning a warning that it's not secure

It looks like the error is peculiar to Britmodeller

Any thoughts ?

I've just been informed, and it looks like our Certificate people haven't auto-renewed or informed us the certificate was expiring, so I'm going to have to get on it.,  Lovely job for a Sunday afternoon! :dull:

The site's still as secure as it was yesterday, just the certificate expired, so add an exception to continue using the site, using whichever browser you normally do :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 12

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

I've just been informed, and it looks like our Certificate people haven't auto-renewed or informed us the certificate was expiring, so I'm going to have to get on it.,  Lovely job for a Sunday afternoon! :dull:

The site's still as secure as it was yesterday, just the certificate expired, so add an exception to continue using the site, using whichever browser you normally do :)

Thought that might be the case - thanks @Mike

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

I'm getting these on both Desktop and my android.

Yes - that's correct behaviour when a certificate expires, but it'll be sorted shortly as I've just bought a new one.  You can add an exception in the short term if it's slowing you down :yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Mike changed the title to Your Connection is Not Private Error Message - 26 April, 2020

Nah!!! It's just a cunning plan to raid our stashes!!

Folks defend your stashes at all costs...if you can't I'll be happy to looks after them for you!  :whistle:   :D

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

I'll be happy to looks after them for you!  :whistle:   

I think you've got enough Rich, but at least you're building more than me, so I'll be quiet now :crying:

Mmmmm I'm sorry!!!

Do you want me to look after some of them for you???  :whistle:

..not that I will be for a few weeks to come...I'm about to move house....moving stash and builds!!! 😣 

Just had the same warning from Bitdefender on my laptop and my desktop - I completely ignored it and went in anyway - with all the n'er-do-wells on here, what could possibly go wrong! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, clive_t said:

Just had the same warning from Bitdefender on my laptop and my desktop - I completely ignored it and went in anyway - with all the n'er-do-wells on here, what could possibly go wrong! :D

Just had exactly the same message pop up on my Bitdefender and like clive, ignored it...…….

Same here and I worked out how to get in. 

Yes a good opportunity to say thanks as this is a wee reminder to us all of how much Mike and the other mods put in behind the scenes just to allow a bunch of escaped lunatics like us have a good time :fool:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alan P said:

Still doing it as of my last login two minutes ago. 

You can do an exception by poking about on the warning page and state that you "understand the risks", but there are so many browsers I couldn't hope to be able to tell you how unless you're using FF :) Depends on how annoying it is for you ;)

1 hour ago, Gorby said:

Opps! Didn't see this thread and just reported it. :blush:

Don't worry - you can't help being slow :wicked:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Mike said:

You can do an exception by poking about on the warning page and state that you "understand the risks", but there are so many browsers I couldn't hope to be able to tell you how unless you're using FF :) Depends on how annoying it is for you ;)

Don't worry - you can't help being slow :wicked:

No, it's fine getting in, just FYI 👍

Hi mods 

I have been logging in most of today at fairly regular intervals but the last two times google has thrown up a privacy warning telling me my session is not private and the site your trying to reach may be stealing my data.......thought somebody should know incase you have been hacked.

Apologies just seen the post below mine .:wall:

Edited by M3talpig

Also getting warnings today, saying your (Britmodeller's) clock is set wrong or your certificates have expired. Message was from Firefox, latest version, on Windows 10. The site seems to be behaving normally.

Paul.

.........and as above, just seen the next topic down. Should have peeked further before posting, sorry, feel free to delete.

Paul.

Edited by Paul Thompson
Chronologiacally challenged reading syndrome.