Blenheim mkIV Night Camouflage

AltcarBoB

Spotted this whilst looking for something else and I thought thats interesting I have never seen a paint job like this with the black border swooping down from the wing root then up around the bomb aimers position.

spacer.png

I feel a Blenheim kit might be in the post very shortly

• Like 2

Pretty much standard Blenheim camo.

The Day scheme:

large_CH_000791_1.jpg?_ga=2.230670169.43

large_000000.jpg?_ga=2.237392069.4398604

large_000000.jpg?_ga=2.57524079.43986045

The night scheme:

large_CH_000137_1.jpg?_ga=2.91068639.439

large_000000.jpg?_ga=2.25024767.43986045

And just because I can, an RCAF Fairchild Bolingbroke:

49822376763_5aabcafbb6_b.jpg

Chris

• Like 4

I had never spotted how the underside colour swooped up around the bomb aimers window. I now really want an Airfix Blenheim MkIV but there doesn't seem to be much available all dealers show as out of stock. Might have to buy the MPM kit.

The first pic is the one I used as a reference to the Blenheim I'm currently doing. I took those screen grabs off a colour film shot at the Bristol factory in 1940. That film is a goldmine of information!

Regarding the Blenheim kits, I'd definitely wait until I could find an Airfix one. Having built both, I'd say the Airfix kit is far superior. I found mine to fit pretty well, with just a small amount of fettling necessary. 

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lasermonkey said:

Regarding the Blenheim kits, I'd definitely wait until I could find an Airfix one. Having built both, I'd say the Airfix kit is far superior. I found mine to fit pretty well, with just a small amount of fettling necessary. 

Cheers,

Mark.

I will wait for the Airfix kit I have set up an alert on ebay if one comes up.

5 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

The first pic is the one I used as a reference to the Blenheim I'm currently doing. I took those screen grabs off a colour film shot at the Bristol factory in 1940. That film is a goldmine of information!

I saved all those and have them on my computer.

Chris

8 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

Ohh! Is that available on YouTube (or similar)?

i would loved to see a colour film (seen a few B&W but no colour) of Filton.

9 minutes ago, Muddyf said:

Ohh! Is that available on YouTube (or similar)?

i would loved to see a colour film (seen a few B&W but no colour) of Filton.

I think the film was shared on Britmodeller last year. I have a feeling that the bit shot at Filton was part of a larger film about wartime Bristol. I'm on my iPad at the moment, but I'll have a search for it later when I'm at the computer.

19 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

I think the film was shared on Britmodeller last year. I have a feeling that the bit shot at Filton was part of a larger film about wartime Bristol. I'm on my iPad at the moment, but I'll have a search for it later when I'm at the computer.

According to my 'puter, I saved those Filton pictures on January 24, 2019.

49830156526_fd314f6276_b.jpg

Chris