Buffalo cockpit colours

Dakkg651

I am about to start building a Special Hobby 32nd scale Brewster Buffalo in RAF service.  Can anyone tell me if the cockpit was finished in standard RAF green or was it left aluminium?  I did build a yellow wing version some years ago and seem to remember the kit went together rather well.  Any building tips would still be very welcome though. 

39 minutes ago, Dakkg651 said:

I am about to start building a Special Hobby 32nd scale Brewster Buffalo in RAF service.  Can anyone tell me if the cockpit was finished in standard RAF green or was it left aluminium?

The Cockpit would be in a a US Manufactured version of RAF

Cockpit Green

The area directly behind the rear cockpit bulkhead was in Aluminium paint

The Pilots seat was natural aluminum though

This photo of a 488 (NZ) Squadron 339E Buffalo with Flt Lt John Hutch Hutchinson

in the seat gives you an idea

Brewster+seat+SupportI.jpg

The RAF Buffalo was similar in some Respects to the USN F2A-2, but quite different

in other respects

My SH 339E Buffalo build, Cockpit and area behind cockpit

Gun+Heater+pipes++Copy+1.jpg

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Google a site named Annals of the Brewster Buffalo - under the RAF section, there is an entry for a downloadable Pilot's Manual.  It contains complete illustrations of the forward and sides of the cockpit.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jimmaas said:

Google a site named Annals of the Brewster Buffalo - under the RAF section, there is an entry for a downloadable Pilot's Manual.  It contains complete illustrations of the forward and sides of the cockpit.

Downloaded, thank you for the link.

Cheers

Dennis