18Pdr WWI field gun and limber 1/35

Pete88

Hello all.  This is my first time posting anything on this site so I will try and get things right.

I have started making the 18Pdr filed gun and limber from the Tommys War resin kit.  This is what I have so far:

IMG_0329

The detail is fantastic but the instructions are a little bare.  The gun sights I had to figure out from online photos of the real thing and then figure out how to attach it.

IMG_0318

I also have a bit of a problem with the carriage of the gun being a bit warped.

IMG_0320

The I've added some extra detail on the limber with a rifle, handles and strapping up what I believe is called a "swingle tree"

IMG_0324

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of green has gone on

IMG_0350

I tried to use a bit of masking fluid to represent some scuffing and variation in colour.  I'm still finding bits to pick off :(

IMG_0352

IMG_0353

Shells got some Alcad brass applied

IMG_0356

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the words of support :)  I have managed to get the detail painting done and put a coat of matt varnish on it.

IMG_0376

The limber and shells are nearly there

IMG_0370

IMG_0372

Next I might try a dark pin wash and then think about how to weather it a bit.  Id like to show it in a firing position with some of the full shells stacked up to the side.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

Very nicely done. All it needs now are a couple of Tommys standing beside it.

John.

Couldn't agree more. It's just a pity that there is such a miserable selection of WWI figures, both military and civilian, available.

Hello again.  I've tried a couple of washes and added some light mud to the wheels and edges.

IMG_0378

Its helped the wheel rims look a bit more realistic

IMG_0397

Limber as well.

IMG_0401

Funny how the flash really shows the light wash here.

IMG_0402

I'm still playing with the idea of the folded jacket on the top.  Also I have no idea what the round thing on the top is either but drawings show it goes here.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Tommy!

IMG_0421

Same manufacturer as the model gun.  I usually shy away from figures as I can never paint their faces.  This time I had a look at some tutorials and at least he has eyes!

IMG_0419

He looks quite determined.

Another small update.  I made a rope hawser for the gun shield out of some nice looking string I had in my stash.

IMG_0426

• Like 6