Revell 1/48 Skyraider.

I got this model as a gift from a friend of mine and after a few questions (helpfully answered on here) I finished it a little while back. 

As it is a nice sunny day I thought I'd take it out into the garden to get a couple of pics.

Please excuse the dust as I retrieved it from the spare room!

I know it is not up to the standard of the stuff we usually see on here but my modelling skills are pretty much the same as they were when I was 10 years of age. Declining eyesight and not so steady hands add to the confusion. 😜

I have just finished my last model so I guess I'll need to look out something else as modelling is a nice diversion in these fraught times as I'm sure many of you find.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9

Ilike the weathering. How does this compare with the Tamiya skyraider? Obviously the Tamiya one is better detailed, but this Revell kit s the only game in town for a "fat face" Skyraider, but I need to know if it is worth the effort - your's certainly looks good, or is that just your hard work :)

• Thanks 1

Don't knock yourself about that example, It's good! 

I daren't even show any of my builds. I'm getting on a bit, with dodgy eyes & sausage fingers. I often get towards the finishing stages & feel like chucking it in the bin. Like the A10 I've been on & off with for 6 months. 

One day I'll do something worth taking a photo of, hopefully.

• Like 1

Glad to see that I am not the only shakey handed bi-focalled lurker on here. Take a little bit of bravery to post on here and my excuse is I can't work out how to do it.Nice Skyraider. Love the hobby but my stuff isn't worthy to be on here.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FIGHTS ON said:

Ilike the weathering. How does this compare with the Tamiya skyraider? Obviously the Tamiya one is better detailed, but this Revell kit s the only game in town for a "fat face" Skyraider, but I need to know if it is worth the effort - your's certainly looks good, or is that just your hard work :)

Not really my hard work , I'm a bit of a hack. But actually it's a pretty nice kit compared to some of the horrendous stuff I have encountered.

I would certainly recommend it. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jimmyg352 said:

Don't knock yourself about that example, It's good! 

I daren't even show any of my builds. I'm getting on a bit, with dodgy eyes & sausage fingers. I often get towards the finishing stages & feel like chucking it in the bin. Like the A10 I've been on & off with for 6 months. 

One day I'll do something worth taking a photo of, hopefully.

I've found nothing but helpful remarks and kindness on here Jimmy and my stuff is hardly top notch.

Post up one of yours, you'll be surprised!

16 hours ago, Patrick BK said:

Glad to see that I am not the only shakey handed bi-focalled lurker on here. Take a little bit of bravery to post on here and my excuse is I can't work out how to do it.Nice Skyraider. Love the hobby but my stuff isn't worthy to be on here.

Anyone who loves the hobby deserves to put their stuff up here Patrick.

The members couldn't be more kind and helpful. 

Give it a go. 

• Like 1