The Other Tim’s 1/72 Tamiya F-4S Phantom - USN +++FINISHED+++

Tim Moff

Decalling .....Done!

Thankfully for some reason none of those pesky stencils normally found on F-4's!

R8jJaeZ.jpg

rijbtHD.jpg

V0454uw.jpg

Decals seemed to have behaved and gone down well over the raised panel lines...maybe they are actually Italeri rather than Tamiya!

Next up a gloss coat to seal it all and a bit of weathering....no decals for the missiles so may get some bands masked off and painted.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Got the dark dirt wash on and then off quickly before it dried, no panel lines as its all raised and it can get stuck in nooks and crannies....just takes the edge off the glossed scheme, once the matt cote goes on should look ok.

Need to do a little bit of weathering around the flaps etc and then get the matt cote on before final assembly - some decisions to be made about the weapons etc...hopefully be done for the new finish date..

9z27N2X.jpg

9D4Tg7h.jpg

jwJmX8P.jpg

xWj9oQh.jpg

3UrF0xW.jpg

• Like 7

So thats this Toom finished...had its challenges, but fun - my near sight and focus for detail work is no longer what it was, need a trip to the opticians when they open...looks like 1/72 maybe a struggle til them - however I have read somewhere (at arms length!!!) that 1/48 models tend to be more detailed so have just as many small parts as 1/72...

Put some oil weathering on around the moving surfaces on the wing and other areas. 

Anyways, I got the Testors Dullcote on and added the weapons and tank. Made a repair as best as possible to the lower pitot.

Nice scheme, focused the masking and paint mixing skills having used Mr Paint from the bottle in my first build back...

Will sort some pics for the gallery. Thanks for following.

pqrq3Yp.jpg

AX0SZlo.jpg

whFcILV.jpg

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

Nice! 
Fancy doing one of these Italeri F-4S as a quick build. Mainly because I have the paints for this scheme from the AK air US modern set 1 and will never use the blue or light sea grey on anything else 😂

Lol if only I’d known !

• Tim Moff changed the title to The Other Tim’s 1/72 Tamiya F-4S Phantom - USN +++FINISHED+++