6 Sqn RAF Sepecat Jaguar T2

Just finished this 1998 boxed Sepecat Jaguar T2 as EV of 6 Sqn RAF in 1997.  I was well into the build before I found a post on another modelling site that was reviewing various Jaguar T2 model kits.  The recommendation for this Matchbox kit was to give it a miss.  Oh well I had already started.

The injection moulding was quite poor with parts of the main undercarriage well structure missing and the nose cone distorted.  The fit of the parts left a lot to be desired with large gaps requiring filler.  More filler was required to reconstruct the nose, but I am not convinced that I have the profile right.  There was no cockpit to talk about and the seats are very poor.  When you scale up the kit seats the seat base would have been 52cm wide.  I bought a couple of PJ Productions resin seats and scratched some side panels to fit out the cockpit.  I also changed the main undercarriage doors to reflect what I found on reference images.  Otherwise the build is OOB.  The paint was Vallejo Model Air, Revell and Humbrol acrylics, mainly airbrushed, but with a few brush touch-ups.  The decals showed their age with some silvering on a couple of the larger ones, hence the need for the paint touch-up with a brush.

The kit was a bit of a struggle but I have something that looks vaguely like a Jaguar T2.

The images

13KctC1.jpg

SwwCO9p.jpg

27Y6v4h.jpg

RFUgQ8S.jpg

0AUHv4Y.jpg

6eOHKT5.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Take care and stay safe.

Graeme

• Like 11