It looks like an Arado 396 but it’s a SIPA (RS 1/72)

Hi guys, I am going to start a new project SIPA S.10. It’s a typical short run kit and the only accessories I can use are the laser cut seatbelts (bought on e-bay several years ago) and Peewit canopy masks.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I would like to finish her in this scheme

spacer.png

but the undersurface color puzzles me - the instructions say "silver dope" and I would say light grey.

Does anybody know the right color please?

• Like 6

I started with the wings just because the parts were quite thick and I like sharp trailing edges. A lot of elbow grease was required using wet’n’dry (dry this time). The upper parts were also thinned from inside to get some more space for the wheel wells. The panel lines are going to be re-scribed and cleaned and some putty will be necessary here and there.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 4

I shall watch this with interest.  I have a resin SIPA and a Huma Ar.396, and would like to do one of the later SIPAs that went to Algeria.  I also like RS kits.  Generally.  However I don't think they have released the SIPA 11 or 12.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Good morning guys, the project continues after a break (some difficulties plus the covid things - all family affected but everything seems to be OK now). So nearly there, just a few bits to add, some slight weathering and she is going to be ready:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking.

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi David, I was able to build her so everybody is 😀

The biggest problem I can remember is the fuselage wider than the canopy - I glued the clear part with Revell Contacta and used a strong clamp on the fuselage until the glue cured.