1/72 Airfix Buccaneer with Neomega resin updates ##FINISHED##

nimrod54

3 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Looks great with the red bits - we never did find out which colour undercoat to use though...

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks very much Adrian. My preference is for a white base under red, but I am sure someone will be along soon, extolling the virtues of using Tamiya Pink Primer, won't you  @Hockeyboy76. :lol:

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have made some steady progress over the past couple of days, preparing for the decals by adding a gloss topcoat, followed by the decals themselves and then I made a start on that last 10% of the work that seems to take 80% longer than the rest of the kit. Still to sort are the pitot, canopy, detail painting of the undercarriage bays, tidy up of the undercarriage legs, and finally a coat of satin clear, followed by final fix of the more delicate bits. I should hopefully get that sorted for Sunday.

50225718482_fb6f4970d9_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

50224847253_824cc0d8a7_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

50224847068_b15937dfab_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

• Like 7

My apologies for not getting back to you chaps sooner, but I have spent most of my time over the past couple days trying to get this one completed. I was able to finally wrap it up just over an hour ago.

On 15/08/2020 at 00:29, stevehnz said:

I seem to have been missing in action for the middle part of this thread but now I've found my way back, wow, what a stunna, both the model, the modelling & that incredible scheme. Brilliant. 👍

Steve.

Steve,

Thanks for your comment and don't worry about going AWOL. I too find it difficult trying to keep up with a great many of the excellent builds that I have dropped in on, here within the forum. I am pleased that you like what I have done with this old Airfix boxing, I have enjoyed the challenge of this one, even though it has thrown up some obstacles along the way.

On 15/08/2020 at 18:29, Jabba said:

Looking superb and yes, the last bits on finishing a model do seem to take forever.

Cheers Jabba, yes the last bits seem to drag, but I gradually worked my way through the hitlist, and now she is finished.

I hope you enjoy these few photos of the end result, I'll get some more in the gallery shortly.

50232467713_3be17af47c_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

50232468563_2a3186a7c9_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

50232468808_077bf5e393_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Cookenbacher said:

From the Gallery pics I assumed this to be the new tool Airfix kit not the old one - fine modelling John. As usual you've managed an interesting and unusual scheme as well.

Thanks a lot Cookie, glad that you like this one. I can confirm that it is indeed the old kit, though I did use the new kit as a pattern to scratch the actuator mechanism for the airbrakes. Having finished the Bucc. I can now switch my focus to the B of B builds. :yahoo:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Another cracker for the display case. She looks great dude. 

B of B build? Haven’t you got a Harrier to be building :rofl::whistle:

Cheers buddy. Yup I do have a Harrier to build, and there's an unfinished Flying Flea and Lancaster still loitering around somewhere, but I thought that I should be able to knock that little lot off in a couple of weeks. Which two weeks though is another matter. :P :lol:

• Haha 1