Anyone had dealings with 1001 hobbies?

Plastic_parts

Aye up guys.. sorry if I’ve put this in the wrong place please feel free to move it if I have.  I’m just wondering if anyone has dealt with 1001 hobbies. I ordered a kit at the beginning of April and I’ve not received it yet. I can’t seem to find any way of contacting them as the number I’ve found on their website doesn’t work and neither does the email address.. what’s the consensus  on their reliability and does anyone have any contact details?  As always guys thanks for any help or advice.

mike

That's one of those 'internet shops' that use many domains.

AFAIK they're based in Poland.
And Poland is (or has been) largely locked down, Hataka for instance can't ship paints. 

From ArmaHobby site:

Looks like this site?

https //www.1001modelkits.com/ or https //www.1001modelkits.co.uk/ or https //www.1001modelbouw.nl/

I agree it would have been nice if they replied to enquiries, but there's a reason I tend to avoid some shops.

Edited by alt-92

Alt92.... thanks for the reply... yes they’re who I ordered from... it looked like good site to order from but it looks like I’ve been stung. The order wasn’t small and I’m well out of pocket but having paid by credit card or Paypal I should be able to get my money back I hope. 

• Like 1

The current situation may be the problem with your order, and nothing more serious.  Here, in Britain, we think that everyone, everywhere has top-range full access internet and that their shops 'should remain open'.  If I can use the hobby shop that I frequented as an example;  The owner and his wife do not live on the property so, when the lock down happened everything just stopped.  Being away from the shop, he couldn't access his shop computer or check on what orders had been made and didn't have any contact details.  I only heard about this because a friend knew his home number and phoned to see if they were OK.

So, it could be "possible" that the 1001 Hobbies warehouse has had to close and the staff do not have access to the customer accounts at the moment.  The banner message on the top of their website is quite old now, and so events may have overtaken them. 

Try not to tar everyone with the same brush until there is real evidence to show, one way or the other.  These are testing times, not just for us the customers but also those who are still trying to provide a service but are being frutstrated by the necessary rules in-country.

Mike

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bootneck said:

Try not to tar everyone with the same brush until there is real evidence to show, one way or the other.  These are testing times, not just for us the customers but also those who are still trying to provide a service but are being frutstrated by the necessary rules in-country.

True. I'd try mailing using one of the other domain names they're using, each site has a different info@ domain listed at the top of the page.

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted Choroszy to order some engines and he told me he couldn't ship anything as the post had been shut down. Hopefully you'll receive your order once things open up again.

Ian

If they are based in Poland then things should be moving now. I had an order with Silver Wings that was delayed due to their lockdown however that was lifted a few weeks back and my stock arrived last week.

Duncan B

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 2:54 AM, Duncan B said:

If they are based in Poland then things should be moving now. I had an order with Silver Wings that was delayed due to their lockdown however that was lifted a few weeks back and my stock arrived last week.

Duncan B

They're a French company.

• Like 1

I recently received some goods from a French company, that took 3 months to arrive. Swings and roundabouts, Julien had something arrive from France in 3 days. It would help if they kept you informed of progress though. At least I got updates.

14 hours ago, SAT69 said:

They're a French company.

I based my response on the 2nd and 5th post. I did have a quick look on the actual website but couldn't immediately see where they were based geographically but did see they had multiple domain locations which I always find a bit off putting.

Duncan B

1001 has many home addresses. They're registered in France. but I know they have at least one other address in Arkansas, in the USA. They're one of those firms that lists everything as available, but nothing is really available. So when you order they order. Your order can take months or years to fulfill. They're also not 100% forthcoming about their practices, nor do they communicate effectively. 

While they're legally speaking not a scam, they are in that gray area. And they should be avoided. Besides - their prices are atrocious!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dear all, a little late to the discussion but I just wanted to add that I, too, have had a bad experience with 1001. I was tempted 9 weeks ago to order Trumpeter's EXETER which was on sale for a reasonable price and shown in stock. Was advised a week later that it had been dispatched and that it should be with me within 7 to 10 days. I won't bore you with the detail but it never arrived (they blamed it on Hermes) and didn't respond to my request for a refund, so I asked my bank to claim back my money via the Chargeback arrangement which they have done today. Maybe it was just bad luck but looking at their reviews on Trustpilot they seem very hit and miss; either 5 stars or 1 star. Rest assured I won't be tempted again. Just wanted to share my experience with fellow modellers. Stay safe. 

• 11 months later...

Hate to add to the tales of Woe but I ordered a set of HAWKER TYPHOON MK.IB DETAIL-UP PARTS  and not cheap either at £141. A box arrived albeit late and with a hole in the side. No suprise lots of bits were missing and of four propellor blades there were only two and they were both so bent out of shape as to be useless. Its been three weeks and I have had no response to four E-mails and a phone call to France to try to sort this out. IMHE they are a useless company and i can only recomend that you give them a full body serve as there customer service is non-existent which means you are taking a gamble when you place your order ...

Such a shame but my fingers have been burnt and I'm £141 down

32 minutes ago, DrGMc said:

Hate to add to the tales of Woe but I ordered a set of HAWKER TYPHOON MK.IB DETAIL-UP PARTS  and not cheap either at £141. A box arrived albeit late and with a hole in the side. No suprise lots of bits were missing and of four propellor blades there were only two and they were both so bent out of shape as to be useless. Its been three weeks and I have had no response to four E-mails and a phone call to France to try to sort this out. IMHE they are a useless company and i can only recomend that you give them a full body serve as there customer service is non-existent which means you are taking a gamble when you place your order ...

Such a shame but my fingers have been burnt and I'm £141 down

@DrGMc You should be able to claim via your bank even if you paid by debit card. All you need to do is to contact them, tell them what has happened provide details of what action you have taken to resolve with the retailer, and they will then take it from there. I've had cases resolved that way and money refunded as a result of my bank getting involved with a debit card purchase. I could not get the company to play ball, tried ringing them, and emailing. The phones either went through to voice mail, or just cut off. Emails went un-answered even though it was supposed to be their customer support/service email. In the end, I spoke to my banks card dispute advice line, and it was resolved in a couple of weeks, and got the  money back. Might be worth giving it a try considering the value is in excess of £100. Debit cards it's called a charge back (I think) and for Credit Cards it comes under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. As I said, speak to your bank, and they should help.