Aurora 1/48 Sopwith Triplane

This is the 1960's vintage kit, complete with raised decal locators. I removed those and added a basic interior just so it wasn't completely empty in there. It went together easily, although I changed the order of assembly of all those wings to ensure decent alignment and sanity on my part. The decals were unusable, so I cobble together some from my spares. The kit is of the 'Black Mariah', and calls for the plane to be all black. From what I've been able to find out, only the cowl, metal engine panels and tail fin were black, the rest being conventionally painted. Since I wasn't doing a 'Black Mariah', I just painted the cowl and tail black. It's not my best rigging effort as having that wing in the middle made everything more complicated to get right. However, for a 60 year old kit, it doesn't look too bad. 

IMG_20200422_151747

IMG_20200422_151823

IMG_20200422_152025

IMG_20200422_151946

IMG_20200422_152057

IMG_20200422_151845

• Like 13

Nice build and paint job!  I remember those Aurora WW1 kits from when I was a lad.  Didn't have the Sopwith Triplane but built most of the others, no rigging and the brightest colours I could find.  Modelling was fun in those halcyon days.  :clif:

• Thanks 1