Rolls Royce armored car 1/35

Hi Guys,

due to the lockdown in France, I had to look at the bottom of my stash to find something exotic to build. I had bought the Roden kit of the Rolls-Royce armored car many years ago, but 

I was always frightened by the number of parts  and low quality of the molding of some pieces.

I usually build 1/48 scale aicraft, so this was quite a big change for me. 

I found a build by Andy Moore on this forum of the Meng rendition,    which I  tried to follow  regarding the colors. Since I did not have access to  AK real colors because of lockdown, I used custom mixes with 

Tamiya and Gunze acrylics. I used Mig Ammo premixed washes for the weathering.  The small base is done with a  sheet of foam board, covered with sand colored tile grout. The rocks and stones are two different grades of cat litter.    

Just for fun I added a milestone which is most probably incorrect for the place and period, but since this was meant as a relaxing build, I thought I could be forgiven.

I hope you will like it,

best regards to all,

Christian.

P1060558

P1060559

P1060561

P1060560

P1060562

P1060565

P1060563

Edited by cger
  • Like 35

I like that, keen to break my 1/35 virginity on one of those though probably the Meng kit. The way you've weathered it, heavier lower down is really well done to my eye & the "dust" around the wheels & running boards spot on. 👍

Steve.

That's a cracking looking build. Really nice paint job and excellent weathering. The Roden kits are not the easiest to build, as I found out when I built the 1914 Pattern version.

John (Dept 79).

Top mark on the presentation of a model you built and weathered admirably well

Congrats!

JR