Royal Navy Buccaneer

Arniec

Hi guys, 

I will be building the Airfix 1/48 Buccaneer in Royal Navy  colors. There will be some extra decals for it from Xtra decals and a few foto etch sets plus 2 resin bangseats from Neomega and some resin intakes.

I will put on some pictures at a later date.

Cheers,

• Like 5

As I made some other pictures this morning I have also made a few of my kit, so here they are.

Here is the lovely box art.

IMG_4965

And the box content. That is a lot of plastic!

IMG_4966

And some extra's I also noted that I have some resin wheels and flaps from Paragon for it. And also a mask. I don't know if I use it, but maybee as a template to make it from tamiya tape.

Where the intakes came from I don't know anymore. (Edit: they are from Herritage aviation)

The decals from extradecals look lovely. Can't wait to see it in paint with the decals on.

IMG_4967 IMG_4968

I have also got the RAF version, But that will be for later.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...

Ok guys,

I have made a start. I was first going to do all the etch stuf inside, but then I noticed that it was for the RAF version. So I am using the standard cockpit, with only the resin seats. 

As I wanted to have it parked on the deck with the canopie closed, airbrake open and the wings folded. I will use some parts of the exterior etch set.

But that will come later in the build. Here are some pictures.

I have painted the cockpit in light grey (Gunze H337) and then added the decals from the kit.

IMG_5017

And here it is putted inside the upper fuselage.

IMG_5019

The picture isn't to clear. Sorry for that.

I have also matted the top and bottom fuselage together and it isn't a great fit. But with some sanding and filling I will get there in the end.

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 5

Here is a picture of the fuselage put together. There was some clamping and tape needed to get it in line. 

IMG_5025

And today I have cleaned up the seams and it looks okay.

IMG_5026

The bad fit of one of the exhaust parts was anoying. The left side was okay, but the right side had a gap that needed to be filled. I first did that with plastic card and then in the end I putted some Mr surfacer on it.

IMG_5027

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 5

Good progress Arnold. Hopefully now you have the fuselage constructed everything will fit together fine from here.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have made some more progress with the kit. This is how far I was this morning.

IMG_5028

As you cab see I have plced the inlets as well.

I used most of the kit exept the fan. That was from the resin set.

IMG_5033

I also got it level with the rest of the kit.

IMG_5035

And the last thing I did today was putting the tail surfaces on

IMG_5034

That is it at the moment.

Cheers,

• Like 7

Time for the last update from this weekend.

I have put on the airbrake. I have got the idea that it isn't sitting totally right, but it is the best I could.

IMG_5036

Then I put on the cleaned up wing tanks with pillons.

IMG_5037 IMG_5038

Then it was time to have a look with the wings on. This was just a testfit. I will put them on after painting and the decals.

IMG_5039

She looks beautiful.

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Arniec said:

I have put on the airbrake. I have got the idea that it isn't sitting totally right, but it is the best I could.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it isn't sitting right because it's upside down, the longer 'fins' should be on the top.

Mark.

42 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it isn't sitting right because it's upside down, the longer 'fins' should be on the top.

Mark.

OMG! You are right! I will try to turn them around in the next days. Thanks for the advice Mark.

Cheers,

• Like 2

I was looking at the airbrake thinking it looked a bit odd. Then Harry beat me to it...

Apart from that its looked great.

Colin

• Like 1

again a small update. 

The seats are finished.

IMG_5046

and putted in the cockpit and I closed it down.

IMG_5047

I also made a slit at the back of the top hull to simulate the rail where the canopie is sliding on.

Cheers,

• Like 4