WW1 trench scene.

Hi folk's,Clogged posted a superb over the top scene which got me hunting out a dio I did about four or five years ago which was found a bit worse for

wear in a box of old armour builds,out came the glue and paint and a repair done,the original photo's are long gone on PB.Thanks for looking in.

20200423_203630

20200423_203619

20200423_203604

20200423_203553 20200423_203539

20200423_203524

20200423_203510

• Like 38
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Nice job Steve,i remember it the first time around not long after i joined i think....

That's right Vince with the famous sunrise photo took on the windowsill!

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Great job Steve. Very atmospheric. Nice one.

John.

Many thank's John.

2 hours ago, jenko said:

Really nice is that Steve.

Dick

Thank you Dick.

2 hours ago, Clogged said:

Love it!

Appropriate for ANZAC Day tomorrow Saturday here in Oz!  Were'nt  the DLI the most 'successful' regiment during WW2?

Thank's Clogged,all the best for ANZAC day,The DLI were certainly among many famous regiment's with a large haul of medals including VC's,

12,000 were killed by the wars end many in the early years exclusively from the towns and villages of the county.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gordon J said:

Excuse my ignorance but where do the figures in this scene originate? I am assuming it is a ready made set that was released by someone?

Hi Gordon I think Masterbox.the figures and trench were in separate boxes.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Any chance of another photo Steve....

By co-incidence the photo survives Vince right at the bottom of page three.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235004388-over-the-topmasterbox-trench-scene/page/3/#comments

Edited by stevej60
  • Thanks 1

On 4/25/2020 at 5:31 PM, stevej60 said:

Hi Gordon I think Masterbox.the figures and trench were in separate boxes.

No, they were actually in the same box, the set is called 'British Infantry before the attack, WWl era', something of a misnomer, as they are actually going over the top!  I have the set, but used the trench parts for another piece using Masterbox's 'British Infantry Somme period 1916'.  Masterbox do make very nice sets, I may have to get another one of these to do my own 'over the top' piece.  Your model is excellent, great paint job, much better than my figures!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

This is really a superb scene and a grim reminder about the horrors of trench warfare in World War 1. Looking at the officer preparing for the assault a famous line of dialogue from a well-known TV-Series comes to my mind:

"Don’t forget your stick, Lieutenant."

"Oh no, sir — wouldn’t want to face a machine gun without this!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Johnny Tip said:

My God, how could I miss this one? It's brilliant! There is, however, one small problem - that everybody always gets slaughtered in the first ten seconds.

Have you been watching Blackadder?  :fraidnot:

• Like 1