Yakovlev Yak-1 1/72 Brengun

Hi fellow modellers,

something fresh from my garden this week. It's the Brengun latest reincarnation built out of the box with only few small corrections, as part a modelling project which I hope will materialize soon.

I opted for M.D. Baranov machine from the Battle of Stalingrad period and painted the kit with AK Real Colors.

Cheers

Libor

49809504008_7c4bfeafb1_c.jpg

49810058616_21aeb44292_c.jpg

49809503973_6a398a8e1a_c.jpg

49810357742_e9544e2ab5_c.jpg

• Like 29

Libor,

All three are outstanding models, but I really, really like your Yak-1! I also liked the way that you highlighted the riveting on the undersides; can you share your technique?  It looks very realistic.

Mike

• Thanks 1

Libor, I have this kit, partially done, but I was wondering how you got the PE fuel tank cover inserts on the lower wings to fit so nicely and level. I can see trying to do mine, and it will be a mess of CA glue everywhere, and the parts still won't sit level with the wing. By the way, the fuselage spine on yours looks good - did you sand it down a bit to reduce the sharpness? I did on mine, and I think it came out nicely. That was one of the criticisms of this kit, which I think is overall a nice kit, and like you say above average for a short-run kit.

Best Regards,

Jason