MiG-21 Laos Air Force. Trumpeter 1/32.

That is very very nice Vladimir - looks nice in the sale blue/grey and I like the level of weathering. How did the kit go together and did you make any changes?

Cheers

Malcolm

3 minutes ago, Baldy said:

That is very very nice Vladimir - looks nice in the sale blue/grey and I like the level of weathering. How did the kit go together and did you make any changes?

Cheers

Malcolm

Give thanks. To be honest, I did not make any changes to the kit, although I know that this is very wrong. Such a task was not set, and this is still a gift ... Geometric accuracy, this is not the main thing in the gift. I focused on painting and surroundings ..

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 28ZComeback said:

Nice work!! Is it a PFM??

I think its an MF? The real one in the photo is.  

The spine/tail joint on the trumpeter kit looks halfway between mf & pfm to me but a bit out of touch with 21’s at the minute. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

I think its an MF? The real one in the photo is.  

The spine/tail joint on the trumpeter kit looks halfway between mf & pfm to me but a bit out of touch with 21’s at the minute. 

The Trumpeter model has a lot of geometry problems, but, as I said, this is a gift, and there was no indication of a solution to these problems.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NazarovVladimir said:

The Trumpeter model has a lot of geometry problems, but, as I said, this is a gift, and there was no indication of a solution to these problems.

Yeah that’s fine mate it’s a lovely build and paintjob plus scene. All spot on. 

Sometimes it can’t be helped that kits are wrong or it’s not worth the hassle to try and sort them. I’ve wasted far too much time agonising over details in the past on some of my builds...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tony Oliver said:

Yeah that’s fine mate it’s a lovely build and paintjob plus scene. All spot on. 

Sometimes it can’t be helped that kits are wrong or it’s not worth the hassle to try and sort them. I’ve wasted far too much time agonising over details in the past on some of my builds...

If I were to make a model for myself, I would try to fix all the problems of Trumpeter, but for myself I make models on a 48m scale and there is a beautiful Eduard.

• Like 1

This in one Mig-21 that we don't see everyday, wow... a Laotian Fishbed! I have to give Vladimir a lot of credit for sharing his beautifully done Mig-21 with us,Thanks a million!

Edited by Kampartiger
wrong words