Trumpeter JGSDF Type 89 IFV + Eduard PE

robw_uk

So you can see the concept... the "gaps" aren't divisbile so there will be different width "blocks" but think the concept will work

50037101412_08454f5d22_b.jpg

• Like 3

two more blocks done - are they too big? do they work with just score marks to show smaller tiles? And filled in the rear with rods for slats (are the rods too close together?) - doing the front next to try to add some rigidity...

50039839402_60bba15f5f_b.jpg

Edited by robw_uk
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Kris B said:

Lots of scratch. Good job. 

thanks Kris... yeah fancied a longer build to get my eye back in

ok, the "SRAT" continues. Think it looks passable. Slats in, need 1 more panel of armour blocks then I can move on o the second side. Am hoping the blocks & fixing it to the hull will swuare it up more

50040466018_5624d090c4_b.jpg

• Like 5

I thought I would be beaten by this but no, I pushed on and 1 set of side "SRAT" completed (only placed of course). Also added smoke launchers & missiles to the turret (and example stowage in the bustle).

Next up it will be 2 more supports for the armour and then the joys of starting the other side.....

50047848072_e418eaf73c_b.jpg

50047587011_f98693e9f7_b.jpg

50047586991_0ccd66df6f_b.jpg

50047847687_6123400878_b.jpg

50047586681_80fce25bb5_b.jpg

50047028478_d378e72edf_b.jpg

• Like 7

Looking good Rob, one observation if I may it looks to me as if the front of the side armour is to far in front of the hull. It may just be camera angle making it look that way.

Roger

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hamden said:

Looking good Rob, one observation if I may it looks to me as if the front of the side armour is to far in front of the hull. It may just be camera angle making it look that way.

Roger

it is in front BUT the plan is to put slat across the front )not really the shape for ERA blocks so thought a horizontal set of slats may be possible....  - or may be just to cove rthe front lights (to mimic what I will do on the rear)

• Like 1

Hi Rob, always seam to be playing catch up with the various build on BM these days!

Rather you than me making that slat armour!  In a good way, if you don't mind me saying, you must barking mad!! 100+  0.5mm holes and then feed plastic rod through.. I'd be found under the bench rocking backwards and forwards mumbling incoherently :wall: (not much change from the norm then!).

The ERA is the more do-able solution, as you've proved. It looks pretty darn good, great bit of scratch work and of course unique!

Good luck

Darryl 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Hi Rob, always seam to be playing catch up with the various build on BM these days!

Rather you than me making that slat armour!  In a good way, if you don't mind me saying, you must barking mad!! 100+  0.5mm holes and then feed plastic rod through.. I'd be found under the bench rocking backwards and forwards mumbling incoherently :wall: (not much change from the norm then!).

The ERA is the more do-able solution, as you've proved. It looks pretty darn good, great bit of scratch work and of course unique!

Good luck

Darryl 

Cheers Darryl... actually the holes wern't too bad, the frustration was trying to get the frame to stick together. Adding rods in helped firm it up and then the "blocks" finished the job. Should start the second side today as well as finish the supports for the first

• Like 1

Started on second side using the first as a template. Going a bit slower with this one to (hopefully) give it a more solid build. Also continued with the mounting for the first side (when it is finished there will be fixings vertically to hold it all in place. Also need to think of detail on the blocks. At the moment they are almost macgcally held in place (mounting on the rear of course_ but needs something on the top (handle or some sort of bracket I think)

more progress on the second side, finished the mounts for the first and also started on the rear slats that cover the (I assume) air vents in the rear plate... no photos just yet, should get more of this done tomorrow

2 hours ago, phildagreek said:

Looking good Rob! Good to see some scratching going on, measure twice & cut once!

cheers Phil, with me its more measure once, draw, cut, decide it doesnt fit and change my plan (however with the slat armour I am trying to be slightly more measured)....

• Like 2

second side finished (well needs components joined together) and first rear section positioned. Not decided on the front yet, may not do anything across but will see once other side is fitted.

50057766443_9701738374_b.jpg

50058335361_56c9fa1f43_b.jpg

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Looking nice Rob......hell of a scratch build to choose to do😬, looking forward to seeing further progress....👍

Regards

Simon

yeah... may be a bonkers idea but needed something to build that would take longer (limited painting time)... There is a slim possibility that this might get primed this weekend (most likely next)

• Like 2

Huge step forward this evening, second slat/ERA complete and mounts done. I must say it isn't 100% aligned BUT think it is within my tolerance. Need to do the second rear block. Still not sure if I should do across the front (and am now toying with a couple of ERA blocks on the front of the turret. Also need to look to strengthen some of the supports (or at least make them look properly secured)

50062178423_9ff8428bc5_b.jpg

50062991777_b8e506f793_b.jpg

50062178193_162bbe6312_b.jpg

50062991677_aec6df1351_b.jpg

50062735126_483e692f4c_b.jpg

50062991142_5de91db844_b.jpg

50062177638_cc373fe258_b.jpg

• Like 6

First round of building COMPLETE. Final section of slat built (decided to not do the front or anything extra on the turret). Next off will be primer but that may be 3 weeks as should be heading for a well deserved week away soon....

50079555332_16a556bd4d_b.jpg

50079301956_3d90b924cb_b.jpg

50078731803_b2fbe049dd_b.jpg

50079301561_e87a491e5c_b.jpg

• Like 4

Looking good Rob, are you still going to do this in your digital scheme? Could be interesting to mask with the slat armour fitted

Roger

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hamden said:

Looking good Rob, are you still going to do this in your digital scheme? Could be interesting to mask with the slat armour fitted

Roger

god no.... the slat armour is removable so could be done digital but think the model would end up in the bin. Going just green/brown (with the add-on armour just being all green)

• Like 1

Good work Rob, nice to see it come together. Imo the black and grey would make an interesting change from shades of green. 

Have fun!

Darryl 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

Good work Rob, nice to see it come together. Imo the black and grey would make an interesting change from shades of green. 

Have fun!

Darryl 

in that case tri-tone hard edged camo it is

• Like 1