Hello everyone.... Busy weekend with family for celebrating of Mother's day. Which didn't leave a lot of time for modeling. I sprayed my two Mk.VIII Spitfires this afternoon with their respective green camouflage colors. ZBZDAKH.jpg

LJbFTvb.jpg

4xSznmL.jpg
Everything looks good considering I have no Foliage green in my pile of paints. I do hope this looks ok ? Here it is with the other Mk.VIII IN RAF Dk Green.FNspDaj.jpg

jHsqSe2.jpg

RI1OpJY.jpg

They look very close but there is a slightly darker bluer tone to the Foliage green. Foliage green is on the left, RAF Dark green is right. 
s0Gwy1G.jpg

Sadly We are taking our last dog to the vet tomorrow. He's a 17 year old Chihuahua that has slowly faded after he lost his brother my 15 year old Pug in February. He doesn't seem to have the will to go on and refuses to eat. Please feel free to ask questions, post thoughts, and or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Sad 2

Morning everyone... Pulled a late shift and did some painting tonight. I sprayed the white theater band on the tail and the prop spinner on this. Jmm9QjU.jpg

4tEtEry.jpg

GCnVNdZ.jpg

Not much but it gets me closer to the finish line. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 4

Well Some of the decals are sticking after liberal coats of Microsol, but I'm not holding my breath. Most however exploded on contact with the water. So Im now in a scramble to figure out decals for both of the Mk.VIII’s ? Im under a moratorium for purchases but may need to break that. Please if anyone has any Ideas im open to hear them.

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

Morning Everyone... Well After 9 hours and many liberal coats of Microsol later. I was able to salvage the Roundels and Fin flashes from this set. I then decided to use an alternate set with incorrect codes for this Mk.VIII from Almark decals. They are the same RG*V codes but for A-58-602, Gibbes later Mk.VIII With the Grey nurse nose art. DD6InI7.jpg

oDkIury.jpg

2S0ArvE.jpg

bFDpTMh.jpg

So its done as far as decals but not 100% accurate. I can live with it, though I’m not super happy about it. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 6

Hello everyone... My grandest and most humble of apologies. Ive had some roadblocks for the last few days but not forgotten. I was able to spray the satin coat on this and some other builds yesterday before company arrived. Im almost trying to learn some new photo editing software for my cellular so if these are small let me know please. I affixed the canopy and exhausts tonight and will work on the basic weathering soon. As this plane never saw combat and was destroyed in an accident shortly after arriving in theater it wont get a boatload of weathering. VJSvN8P.jpg

7sfVSOx.jpg

uEoFRKt.jpg

OT8QgnH.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comment, and or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 6

Evening everybody... Im going to call this done now, the Findlay Boyd is sitting idle waiting for decals. So will be along soon. EElrJvP.jpg

iRMyTeX.jpg

oEg6yQH.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 6

Hi Dennis,

Looks very good but are the pics a bit small? You mentioned having problems with your editing s/w. I fear the pics in the gallery may not be doing justice your build!

Cheers,

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Johnson said:

Hi Dennis,

Looks very good but are the pics a bit small? You mentioned having problems with your editing s/w. I fear the pics in the gallery may not be doing justice your build!

Cheers,

YesIm  trying to keep them balanced between small and not blurry right now. Ive got the small thing down I think. Yes I gather my photo’s were being rude to the Forum software and was asked if I could bring the size down, being a member in good standing I thought it prudent I do my best to help since I cant donate to the running of the Forum on my limited budget. I have to Thank all of the members that are taking the time to help me with my tech noob-ness. As its not easy to figure things out if you're a technophobe. Its something I hope i can do and maybe for the RFI Photo’s will increase just a smidge. 

A tricky one Dennis. I gather you're editing on your cell phone, so I can't help - I just looked at my iPhone editing s/w and couldn't figure it. I edit pics on my laptop.

But it can probably be done. If you say what make of phone it is I'm sure someone (one of the younger modellers!) will be able to assist.

Best of luck!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Johnson said:

A tricky one Dennis. I gather you're editing on your cell phone, so I can't help - I just looked at my iPhone editing s/w and couldn't figure it. I edit pics on my laptop.

But it can probably be done. If you say what make of phone it is I'm sure someone (one of the younger modellers!) will be able to assist.

Best of luck!

There are two threads going now up in help for this very thing. One I started,

and this one,

that was started by someone who came up with a solution that should work. Im just waiting for a response on my latest test. Its an iPhone 10 if that helps. Hopefully between the two threads someone in the future will be able to do this by just reading through them. 

Dennis

• Like 1

Dennis,

Fantastic. I really like the look of what you have achieved. Great job.

Ray

• Thanks 1