1/48 Eduard Mig-21Bis Around The World

My latest finished kit is Eduards Mig-21Bis Around The World kit. There's a great choice of schemes in the kit, I've always liked the Croatian scheme with the cheques despite the fact it's another 'grey' jet.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png     

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 48
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Andy350 said:

Excellent build, I am getting to the end of mine, I have used the Russian scheme as I want to keep this theme going.  The finish is perfect.  How did you find the pointy bits and PE?

Thanks Andy, there’s not a great deal of PE on it, but since I’ve been using gel CA I’ve not had any issues with PE. I should have left the blade aerials off the tail fin until after decaling but managed to work round it.

I put the pitot on before any painting and was doing pretty well until I was careless and caught it on something, snapped about 3/4 inch of it, robbed the replacement of another in the stash. A problem I did have at the end is there is no way the canopy can be closed with the ejection seat built OOB, I had to butcher the bottom of it to get the seat to sit low enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muzz said:

Thanks Andy, there’s not a great deal of PE on it, but since I’ve been using gel CA I’ve not had any issues with PE. I should have left the blade aerials off the tail fin until after decaling but managed to work round it.

I put the pitot on before any painting and was doing pretty well until I was careless and caught it on something, snapped about 3/4 inch of it, robbed the replacement of another in the stash. A problem I did have at the end is there is no way the canopy can be closed with the ejection seat built OOB, I had to butcher the bottom of it to get the seat to sit low enough.

I've used super glue for this, but it dries too quickly, which CA gel do you use?  I'm leaving off as much as possible until right at the end, the last thing to do, I always break pitot tubes and anything small i.e. PE.  I've not even put together seat yet.  But that will go in at then before fixing canopy.  That's a shame about canopy and ejector seat, mine will be open luckily,

2 hours ago, Andy350 said:

I've used super glue for this, but it dries too quickly, which CA gel do you use?  I'm leaving off as much as possible until right at the end, the last thing to do, I always break pitot tubes and anything small i.e. PE.  I've not even put together seat yet.  But that will go in at then before fixing canopy.  That's a shame about canopy and ejector seat, mine will be open luckily,

It’s just Loctite Power Flex gel superglue, it’s thick enough to control the amount your applying and gives you a few seconds to move the part if required before it goes off. Someone recommended it to me for this reason.

https://www.toolstation.com/loctite-super-glue-power-flex-control/p10277?store=GT&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy---hKGL6QIVzMjeCh0qPwnOEAYYAyABEgJV1PD_BwE

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muzz said:

It’s just Loctite Power Flex gel superglue, it’s thick enough to control the amount your applying and gives you a few seconds to move the part if required before it goes off. Someone recommended it to me for this reason.

I've got the same stuff, very good, I wish it gave me a few more seconds to position, but that will come with experience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishbed said:

I have this one creaping towards the top of the to-do-next pile.  Which paint did you use for the grey(s) if you don't mind me asking?

Tim

Hi Tim, I used MRP’s Light Grey, (MRP-38, FS36375).

• Thanks 1