Harvard/Texan, predecessors/derivatives STGB chat

Wez

On 2/17/2021 at 2:05 AM, Mr T said:

For my birthday I received a set of Lifecolor RAAF paints that have the maritime colours as well as Foliage Green etc. One of the schemes in the SH  Wirraway kit is for a machine apparently finished in maritime colours as it was used for coastal patrol, very tempting. 

Looks good Mr. T!

On 3/14/2021 at 6:09 PM, 85sqn said:

Fleet Air Arm MkIIb.

Very cool.  FAA is always welcome.

7 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Panamanian or Uruguay. 

Oooo...rare markings...

7 hours ago, zebra said:

Not sure I'm going to be able to fit this one in

I find there is always room for desert, zebra 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, John Masters said:

I find there is always room for desert, zebra 😉

I think I'll be juggling so many builds before long that it won't be dessert so much as a waffer thin mint, and any monty python fan knows what happens with those!

However in this case my waffer thin mint will come in the form of a Ceres, since I had a rush of blood to the head and ordered the Lift Here kit today. If I time it right I'll be able to build it in four group builds at the same time!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, zebra said:

However in this case my waffer thin mint will come in the form of a Ceres, since I had a rush of blood to the head and ordered the Lift Here kit today.

Ah the Ceres, proof that every good looking family has an ugly child they'd rather not speak about.

It's certainly a subject I'd like to see in the GB though.

Hope it comes through.

• Like 2

Good morning Wez

I will join with an Academy T6G in french markings but first I would like to finish the A 4B that I will build for the Skyhak Gb ...

Cheers

Patrice

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Wez

I will join with an Academy T6G in french markings but first I would like to finish the A 4B that I will build for the Skyhak Gb ...

Cheers

Patrice

Quite rightly Patrice, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Looking forward to your Adl'A T-6G

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wez said:

Quite rightly Patrice, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Looking forward to your Adl'A T-6G

I will have to choose different markings from yours because I have the same decals sheet ..

Cheers

Patrice

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

I will have to choose different markings from yours because I have the same decals sheet ..

Cheers

Patrice

I did think about the yellow one.  Might change it for an EALA 11/72 T-6G2 using Model Art 72-029, let me check with the references.

32 minutes ago, Wez said:

I did think about the yellow one.

Yes it is a very attractive option but I avoid yellow as I thinak that it is a very difficult paint to use ...

I have far better results with NMF ..

Patrice

Hi everybody.

Well, it seems I will have a kit in a few days, But off to work next week, so will be late starting or at least posting, as ship internet is rubbish.

I'm hoping to take it with me, and get a few bits sorted while away.

So I have not forgotten this one, just a small delay

Cheers

Paul

5 hours ago, zebra said:

If I time it right I'll be able to build it in four group builds at the same time!

Madness!  🤪

1 hour ago, gingerbob said:

Right now Wirraway or possibly Harvard Mk.I seems most likely

Either one, or both...!

3 hours ago, gingerbob said:

Hmm, decision time!  Right now Wirraway or possibly Harvard Mk.I seems most likely (48th).

Are you using a SH Wirraway to convert to Harvard?

10 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Cheers

Patrice

Patrice,

I've had a change of plan, I'll be doing this one instead so feel free to choose whichever one you like off of the Berna Decals.

I discovered today that I had Model Art Decal 72-029 tucked away with these very markings on it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wez said:

Patrice,

I've had a change of plan, I'll be doing this one instead so feel free to choose whichever one you like off of the Berna Decals.

I discovered today that I had Model Art Decal 72-029 tucked away with these very markings on it.

Hi Wez

Thank you for the info ..

I am sure your T6 will be very nice in yellow of course I will follow your build ..

Cheers

Patrice

I think I will try and enter this one, I have the Italeri kit in the stash.

Many years ago I built the Monogram kit, and being steady handed at the time, handpainted French markings. I do love a yellow Harvard.

100_0419

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, John_W said:

I do love a yellow Harvard.

Can't argue with that.  Looking forward to your efforts.

On 3/30/2021 at 2:36 PM, gingerbob said:

I was considering that, at least in part.  I also have a vacuform Harvard I conversion, and a Monogram T-6.

Good stuff, I've just completed a Harvard MkI using the monogram kit and the MDC conversion 😬. I'll get picks up on the gallery tomorrow.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, exdraken said:

another must du GB...

Absolutely, what are you waiting for...

8 hours ago, exdraken said:

Austria also used it...

That's a very attractive scheme.

OK folks, you can start making your kits now (yes @John Masters, that includes you)!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Does anyone know if there are Aftermarket Spanish Rockets for the Buchon ?

I don't know of any, I know that the recent AZ boxing also has those particular style of rocket.

You could put a request in the wanted section to see if anyone hasn't/isn't planning on using theirs.

6 minutes ago, Wez said:

I don't know of any, I know that the recent AZ boxing also has those particular style of rocket.

You could put a request in the wanted section to see if anyone hasn't/isn't planning on using theirs.

RidgeRunner found some for me,

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/croco-models-cmda7207-t-6-texan-armament--1219877

Im just trying to figure out where I can get the $ from. If not Ive found a good photo and sketch of the mounts. I think I can use 1/48 tiny tim 2.75 inch rockets as they might be the closest size wise in my parts pile.