Boeing 727 wing fence

I'm honing some plastic inserts in the leading edges of the Airfix 727 - 200.

Really hard to get a good view of what I'm trying to shape. 

Am I anywhere near with this....? 

IMG_20200421_214619

I can keep going, or even start over.... 

What shape do you guys make? 

Thanks 👍

• Like 1

Nice one, @AV O. Just the job!

I'm not that far out, looks like . 

Picture no. 3 is a bit interesting..... With all these side views I'd never have seen that curve in. 

No sign of it on my 3view drawing either. 

I might just be able to apply a bit of flex on what I have. 

Thanks for that 👍

Edited by rob Lyttle
Correction

Rob,

I was thinking if you have some scrap photo etch, like maybe the frame that surrounds all of the parts in an etched set, you could cut a pair, and then with a razor saw, cut a notch in the leading edge of the wing. The thickness of the brass should be perfect in the scale of your model, which I'm guessing is 1/144? Just a thought. One of my favorite jetliners in which to fly. I remember the first time I rode in one, and when the slats, flaps, and Kruger flaps rolled out, it didn't look like there was any of the wing left! 

Mike

• Thanks 1

I've followed this general method, Mike, but I've used Muller Corner yoghurt pot instead of brass. 

The side walls of the pot yield almost paper-thin styrene and poly glue works on it. 

I'm shaping them in position. 

If it's a fail, I'll try the pe brass. 

Thanks 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

it didn't look like there was any of the wing left! 

Yea, watching the structure unpack itself for landing is pretty spectacular, and you're looking through the spars at the tarmac, still doing 140 ‼️😯

1 hour ago, rob Lyttle said:

that curve

What do you think that would be in 144th ? About 1.5 " max off the line in real life . Bit of a hassle for a gnat's ?  to scale it , those 3/16th Lead edge bolt heads (visible  left to right singl line ) are roughly 3/8th dia . Note ..The fence runs parallel to the fuselage … Good luck !

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1

On 22/04/2020 at 23:13, rob Lyttle said:

Yea, watching the structure unpack itself for landing is pretty spectacular, and you're looking through the spars at the tarmac, still doing 140 ‼️😯

On 22/04/2020 at 22:55, 72modeler said:

Rob,

... I remember the first time I rode in one, and when the slats, flaps, and Kruger flaps rolled out, it didn't look like there was any of the wing left! 

Mike

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/66459-airliners-hasegawa-1200th/page/2/&tab=comments#comment-3231079

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27684-airliners-trijets-smaller-ones-and-biggest-1200th/&tab=comments#comment-1542648

Edited by AV O
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, rob Lyttle said:

watching the structure unpack itself

Rigging it was a pain , that's after drilling quite a few  heads off to get at it , great design though .

• Confused 1