2020 Blitzbuild Pt 1 Chat

I'm unexpectedly unavailable tomorrow, so I'll be starting on Suñday with.... something. I've got two planes on the go for another GB so yet more 1/48 armour seems likely and I'll be going for a single 24 hour stint 

Andy

• Like 1

Alright - got my paint! Gonna join with my 1/72 BI-1. Can someone give me pointers how to post imgur photos? I checked the photo posting thread but it doesn't help me.

RJ

3 hours ago, RJBud1 said:

Can someone give me pointers how to post imgur photos? I checked the photo posting thread but it doesn't help me.

This works for me:

On Imgur, click on the green New Post button top and centre of the screen. I ignore the Drop Images Here at the top of the enxt screen and click on the white 'Choose photo/video' at the top of the grey section. From the box that pops up I navigate to where my photos are, highlight them then click 'Open'. That takes me back to Imgur and I can see the photos load. When they're all done, a green and white 'Upload complete' message appears at the top right of the screen.

Each image has it's own URL. If you hover over the top right of the image, a 'Copy link' button appears. Click on it then come over to your post here. Click on 'Inset image from URL',  then in the pop-up box that appears, right click and paste to add the Imgur link. Then add .jpg to the end of the link (that's the bit that foxed me for ages :) ) and click 'Insert into post'. Repeat this paragraph for each photo you want to add.

Hope none of that sounded patronising or condescending - from experience I find it better to cover everything than to assume some knowledge and miss out the one vital step that was causing the problem so you're no further forward.

Look forward to seeing your pictures :)

Andy

Edited by Foxbat
System burp doubled up the text

1 hour ago, Foxbat said:

This works for me:

On Imgur, click on the green New Post button top and centre of the screen. I ignore the Drop Images Here at the top of the enxt screen and click on the white 'Choose photo/video' at the top of the grey section. From the box that pops up I navigate to where my photos are, highlight them then click 'Open'. That takes me back to Imgur and I can see the photos load. When they're all done, a green and white 'Upload complete' message appears at the top right of the screen.

Each image has it's own URL. If you hover over the top right of the image, a 'Copy link' button appears. Click on it then come over to your post here. Click on 'Inset image from URL',  then in the pop-up box that appears, right click and paste to add the Imgur link. Then add .jpg to the end of the link (that's the bit that foxed me for ages :) ) and click 'Insert into post'. Repeat this paragraph for each photo you want to add.

Hope none of that sounded patronising or condescending - from experience I find it better to cover everything than to assume some knowledge and miss out the one vital step that was causing the problem so you're no further forward.

Andy

This works for me:

Andy

Thanks Andy! That helped. My new model is underway in a new thread :)

I had this problem last year too, which maybe its just a problem with me, who knows haha.

Off to paint now.

RJ

Remember the first Blitzbuilds of a few years back when it all seemed a completely mad idea to stick a kit together in the time allowed? I for one was

chuffed to knock together a little 1/72 Spitfire or something similar,now we've got dioramas,1/48 aircraft,aftermarket part's,alclad finishes scratch builds

the lot! Now I know we're all bl***dy mad:frantic:

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

I had completely forgotten about this until yesterday. It is actually remarkable how much you can do when you put your mind to it. Even with furlough and getting 8 hours a day at the table, I generally prevaricate and dawdle. This is a great way to focus.

When is the next one scheduled for?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tim R-T-C said:

I had completely forgotten about this until yesterday. It is actually remarkable how much you can do when you put your mind to it. Even with furlough and getting 8 hours a day at the table, I generally prevaricate and dawdle. This is a great way to focus.

When is the next one scheduled for?

Come on, plenty of time to take part in this one......👍

Stop shilly shallying and get building..... 😉

Cheers Pat 

49 minutes ago, helios16v said:

It’s 4am.  Can’t sleep,  About 12 hours left in the BB.  Hmmm.....  :hmmm:

Ah, go on, you know you want to. What's the worst that could happen 🤣

Andy

• Haha 3

I find that one of the sad things about taking part in a Blitzbuild is that you have little time to comment on all of the other fantastic work going on. So here is my chance to say well done to all of those that have finished and to those still at it - KEEP GOING there are still about 11 hours left.  :thumbsup:

• Like 9

1 minute ago, nimrod54 said:

I find that one of the sad things about taking part in a Blitzbuild is that you have little time to comment on all of the other fantastic work going on. So here is my chance to say well done to all of those that have finished and to those still at it - KEEP GOING there are still about 11 hours left.  :thumbsup:

Well said that man - well done to everyone who has kept us entertained over the weekend - Steve

• Like 1

Got finished and in the Gallery with 15 minutes to spare. That was a lot harder than I expected but it was fun. Been looking through the gallery and there's some astounding entries. I'm going to grab a cuppa and give them the attention they deserve.

Thanks to the hosts, fellow builders and everyone who popped in for a look or a comment for making this another cracking GB :)

Andy 

• Like 3

Enzo,

Thanks very much for this GB. I hugely enjoyed it.

I hadn't realised that the Gallery closed at midnight last night and I blew it! I finished on time but too close to midnight to get to the Gallery. Here is my finished build. I hope you don't mind my sticking it in here.

200525j Finished with time

Finished back

I hope you like it.

I am hugely looking forward to the next Blitzbuild. I don't think there is much chance of us getting a holiday this summer and so that should be August for me. Otherwise, Christmas.

Alan 

• Like 2