2020 Blitzbuild Pt 1 Chat

Where has the time gone, and where did my modelling mojo go?

By mid-marsh I was already in partial self-isolation as I had had a persistent cough for a number of weeks but I was still modelling. Come the official lock-down my mojo vanished and I hardly sat at my workbench. Now my mojo has returned and in a week I have completed two long dormant kits and see this blitz build as a way back into BM land.

Having reduced my stash to near zero, due to an impending house move my choice for my next project will be one of these

DSC04118

Although the Stirling is top of my to-do list, as it is required as part of another, larger project, I think that is a step too far for a blitz-build. The  F-84 is also destined for the same project (question here - at which airfield could  Stirlings and F-84's be seen, but not at the same time and not specifically these sub-types?)

The A-10A & Cutty Sark  were purchased as the real things both have back-stories for me.

I do have a couple of other options for the build but it is likely to be one of three above.

Only so that I have time to let paint dry I will be taking The Lockdown Option  

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

A10 gets my vote, especially as its hopefully multicoloured plastic !

In that case I could break all known blitz-build records and complete it as Matchbox intended in about 15 minutes!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am in provided the intended victim turns up on time.

And ironically it's the first ever kit that I built all those eons ago and probably built in much the same time but it won't look as such a mess.spacer.png

Edited by peterairfix
  • Like 6

21 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

I've just noticed the Gallery for this one has had 6 views already, i wonder what they were expecting to see ? :giggle:

A finely crafted initial post and poll framework, obvious;ly.  :smartass:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

A10 gets my vote,

Me too!

1 hour ago, Paul821 said:

In that case I could break all known blitz-build records and complete it as Matchbox intended in about 15 minutes!

And have absolutely hods of fun in the process!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm in. No idea what with yet, Mike Dean just messaged me to let me know about the GB so I'm going to assume he's in as well. That will teach him!

I'll be back...

Tony.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, TonyW said:

I'm in. No idea what with yet, Mike Dean just messaged me to let me know about the GB so I'm going to assume he's in as well. That will teach him!

I'll be back...

Tony.

Yup, Matchbox F4U-4 Corsair. One colour paint job, lots of bright decals, should be a doddle.

Mike.

• Like 2

I've dug out a later release of the ancient Airfix Sherman tank. Still in its bag and part of the Sherman /Landing Craft set. It would be chancing my luck a bit too far to say I'll do that one as well, better stay safe(ish) and stick to the tank only.

IMG-1692.jpg

The shock of it not being green might be a bit much for some. Don't worry, it'll be green soon enough.

Tony.

• Like 3

On 5/19/2020 at 5:47 PM, Paul821 said:

In that case I'll try this one minute build!

spacer.png

In fact I could model every single example ever made and still get almost 5 hours sleep 🤔

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, depressed lemur said:

What to make, what to make.

Nothing too complicated!

7 minutes ago, Tim R-T-C said:

I'll try this one minute build!

And ‘the propeller rotates perfectly!’ so Pat will be pleased!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, TonyW said:

Sherman /Landing Craft set. It would be chancing my luck a bit too far to say I'll do that one as well, better stay safe(ish) and stick to the tank only.

No problem Tony. I used to knock em out very quickly in my youth when I was into WW2 wargaming. I even managed one with full interior in a fit of youthful and probably not very accurate enthusiasm.

• Like 1

Is it too late for me to join?

Thinking about joining with my 1/72 Soviet BI-1

Rocket fighter. Just got it in the mail today!

If I read right, we have from May 23-25 to start, but then after that, a single day to complete it. Correct? 

I'm not sure if I can join yet, as I still need to pick up paint for the model. But if I find out ill be able to get my paints before May 25th, I'm definitely in!

I'll update if I can find the time to get paints. For now though, I'm not in (yet)!

Also, its not letting me post pictures again. I paste the direct link under "Submit image by url" but when I click post, it just turns red as if to tell me its incorrect.

http://imgur.com/gallery/kPAuB94

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RJBud1 said:

Is it too late for me to join?

If I read right, we have from May 23-25 to start, but then after that, a single day to complete it. Correct? 

Definitely not too late.

You can start at any time, but once you start you have 24 hours to complete:

1.   24 hours in one block

2.   Two sessions of 12 hours each on consecutive days

3.   A number of shorter sessions over all three days, adding up to no more than 24 hours.  This option is for people who have a lot of other demands on theoir time.

Last time I did this

20191226_150126

So wings this time.

The decision has been made. 

20200521_213331

Too late for any chance to get new paint, so will be the closest I can come up with. Should be a giggle.

24 hours, single sitting as per usual. No breaks for sleep other than waiting for paint to dry.

I assume that clocks, food and drink features in the updates as per usual?

Edited by depressed lemur
Correction
  • Like 4

Traditionally it’s something Luftwaffe for my blitzbuilds and usually a 109. Options are Von Werras BoB 109 1/72 which I’m doing 1/48 for the Battle of Britain GB, or....the Dauphin US Coastguard....got a couple of USCG choppers in the Choppers GB....

49923248736_b71772bd4c_b.jpg

• Like 1

Nearly halfway through the year already?! This Blitzbuild seemed miles away back around Xmas!

Count me in.  Got a few kits that might work for this, will leave final decision on what to build until the start date (if thats allowed?) Planning on doing 2x12hr stints over Sun-Mon.

Should be fun! :D 

• Like 3