2020 Blitzbuild Pt 1 Chat

Thanks for the gentle reminder @JOCKNEY. :)

I will have to see if I have anything I can use for this GB.

Kind Regards

Dazz

PS.  Is anyone else using this time of "enforced family time" to complete failed GB's from previous years?

• Like 1

From my past Blitzbuild failures, I have learnt that it is best to keep things simple. So to that end I have a Platz boxing of the EE Lightning to build for this one. I am hoping that by going with a simple colour scheme (no camo on this one and no rigging, as per my previous Blitzbuild attempts at 1/144 models of a Mosquito and a Sopwith Pup) that I will stand a better chance of finishing something for this one.

• Like 4

On 28/04/2020 at 22:41, Enzo Matrix said:

Victor and Valiant maybe?

You know you want to...  :wicked: 

Well..... If anyone can find me a Victor and valiant kit that I can put together in 24 hours I don't think I will have a choice 😂

Perhaps a Sperin too 🤔

3 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Well..... If anyone can find me a Victor and valiant kit that I can put together in 24 hours I don't think I will have a choice 😂

Perhaps a Sperin too 🤔

Didn't Rareplanes do a vacform one, you might need power tools to keep within the 24 hours but you won't be short of spectators  !

cheers Pat 

• Haha 1

Tally ho blue leader, I’m with you...

Airfix 109 or Hurricane or Spitfire defo a Battle of Britain trial run....

• Thanks 1

You are just the quintessential GB pest, aren’t you @Hockeyboy76?? I’ll have to check my work roster (rotating four on, four off shift) however if I’m not working, I still don’t think I could finish anything of value in that short timeframe. The Lanc GB will only be a week away from winding up and I’ve still got quite a bit to do on that. Perhaps I could make some vehicles to accompany the Lanc, so let me see how things progress. 

Cheers. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

You are just the quintessential GB pest, aren’t you @Hockeyboy76?? I’ll have to check my work roster (rotating four on, four off shift) however if I’m not working, I still don’t think I could finish anything of value in that short timeframe. The Lanc GB will only be a week away from winding up and I’ve still got quite a bit to do on that. Perhaps I could make some vehicles to accompany the Lanc, so let me see how things progress. 

Cheers. Dave 

I’m being tutored by @trickyrich :bandit:

• Haha 3

Thanks for the heads up - Could be tricky to justify yet more model making as I'm doing more than usual ATM!

If I can do another one without upsetting SWMBO then I'll be there. 

IanJ 

• Like 1

Having done something German over the Christmas Blitzbuild;

Dscf1752

I thought I'd carry on the theme so I rummaged in the stash and came out with this;

Dscf2218

It looks like a nice not too complicated kit.

• Like 8

Great choice Charlie

I've just realised I've built 3 Luft 46 projects in the last few Blitzbuilds I've joined

IMG_4740

So I fancied something different, hence the bagged Frog Wildcat, and unless I'm mistaken all the parts are there, will wonders never cease !

IMG_4923

FAA Colours, should go nicely with my recent FAA Avenger from the "In the Navy GB"

Cheers Pat

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

I've just realised I've built 3 Luft 46 projects in the last few Blitzbuilds I've joined

Which just inspired me to buy those kits and put them in The Stash.   You're a very bad man!   :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Salut! Boy of Hockey.

Like Nimrod54 I'm a chronic DNFer and will go for something I could conceivably get done:

200504a RGM-109 Box front

The instructions are on the back and would give the impression that this will be a piece-of-cake. There are also some helpful hints on how to fire your cruise missile.

200504b RGM-109 Box back

He must get these finished!

Alan

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

hahaha....very funny, haven't you lot got models to finish???  :rant:  I'm sure if I check my list I could find some here???

See mention my name and I have to show up and cause trouble! :D

I've never done one of these...and no I won't be this time unfortunately...the workshop is just about completely packed away ready for the big move!!! Though in the midst of packing I found what would have been the perfect wee model for this, the other part of the 1/144th Tornado duo I did for a GB many years ago........maybe next one for sure.

...and for non-believers who think I'm just being lazy(er than usual :D).......

IMG_4569-L.jpg

all that's out is my Superbug which I may or may not finish in time now. :( There's another 10 large boxes upstair with the stash inside!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

hahaha....very funny, haven't you lot got models to finish???  :rant:

I'm sure I don't know wot you mean...    :lol:

Okay...  I'll get me :coat:  

• Haha 1

So are models within models allowed? (.i.e  some vehicles from the Bomber Supply sets, Bluesteel and Grand Slam Bombs from various kits). Just asking. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

So are models within models allowed? (.i.e  some vehicles from the Bomber Supply sets, Bluesteel and Grand Slam Bombs from various kits).

That sounds very interesting!  :thumbsup:

so....   yes.  :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2020 at 4:09 PM, JOCKNEY said:

This is a call to arms to all the usual suspects looking at the last few Blitzbuilds.

So would the following please report for duty;

cheers Pat 

I will blitz. I should work on finishing my Camel for the Navy GB...but I will blitz.

I'll blitz another 1/35 truck, the Italeri WC62.

• Like 2