American heavies

9 hours ago, rob85 said:

so that’s these all done.... not sure what to do next... possibly a RAAF Mustang or maybe something Italian 🤔

Italian? Any hint? My vote goes there, you know... :D 

Ciao

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rob85 said:

You surprise me! I have a nice little kit for a Sicily based night fighter. 

Rob

It has to be a Reggiane, then...

Ciao

• Like 1

On 11/29/2020 at 5:15 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

resized_771fb524-4011-4e29-9f96-d1764881

That's quite a pic. Looks like part of the tail has been shot off.

Great pair of build @rob85! Love the B-17 especially.

I was casting around on Amazon Prime for something to watch and I came across a low-budget film called "Fortress" which is about a North Africa-based B-17F carrying out missions over Italy. Low budget it may be but I thought it was surprisingly well done, especially the air combat scenes. Worth a watch if you have the chance. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Look closely, the stab was hit by the bombs from the a/c above.

Oh yeah. That's remarkable.

I did wonder while I was watching the film I mentioned if when the sky was full of bombers there were many incidences of bombs hitting the plane below or machine gun fire aimed at enemy fighters hitting neighbouring planes. 

Edited by TonyOD
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyOD said:

That's quite a pic. Looks like part of the tail has been shot off.

Great pair of build @rob85! Love the B-17 especially.

I was casting around on Amazon Prime for something to watch and I came across a low-budget film called "Fortress" which is about a North Africa-based B-17F carrying out missions over Italy. Low budget it may be but I thought it was surprisingly well done, especially the air combat scenes. Worth a watch if you have the chance. 

I will have to give it a watch on my day off! Cheers for the heads up and thanks for the nice comments, really glad you like them

1 hour ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Look closely, the stab was hit by the bombs from the a/c above.

1 hour ago, TonyOD said:

Oh yeah. That's remarkable.

I did wonder while I was watching the film I mentioned if when the sky was full of bombers there were many incidences of bombs hitting the plane below or machine gun fire aimed at enemy fighters hitting neighbouring planes. 

If seen a fair few pictures of aircraft that have been damaged or destroyed by falling bombs, not surprising that it happened considering the numbers involved!

Rob

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, giemme said:

Then it's a Fiat CR42 :D

Ciao 

Yep, you nailed it. I have the italeri CR.42 which has a lovely little night fighter, the boxing has a nice little book and a ‘super’ decal sheet.

9Ax4CQE.jpg

VvfbXoj.jpg

rather fetching.

I may throw in another model to build with it as it could feel strange just building one tiny little plane after two 4 engines bombers!

Rob

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rob85 said:

I may throw in another model to build with it as it could feel strange just building one tiny little plane after two 4 engines bombers!

Remember it's an Italeri kit, you'll have our hands full in no time.... 

:winkgrin:

Ciao

• Haha 1