Pigeons (38036) 1:35

Mike

Pigeons (38036)

1:35 MiniArt via Creative Models Ltd.

boxtop.jpg

No, that’s not a typo.  Pigeons.  An absolute necessity for any diorama, or indeed any model.  There simply must be a pigeon in, on or near every model you ever build - it's a well-known fact.  Now MiniArt have solved your problem with sourcing sufficient pigeons to make your dream of permanent pigeon patronage (PPP) come true.  Some call them rats of the sky, or vermin, but love them or loathe them, they get around and are seen everywhere in any town or city, especially where people feed them.

sprue1.jpg

detail1.jpg

This set arrives in a shrink-wrapped figure box, and inside are six sprues, linked in pairs.  There are two different sprues, so three of each in grey coloured styrene.  There are no decals (no surprise there), with instructions and painting guide found on the rear of the box, showing that there is a huge variety of colours and patterns seen on your average pigeon.  Their poop isn’t documented though, so you’ll have to look up the FS shades for the white splatter with black blobs they seem to leave wherever they go.  Each bird has a separate set of legs for detail, and they are striking a few different poses to add further variety to your models, aside from the paint jobs.  There’s a little flash here and there, but that’s easy to remove, even on small parts like these, and don’t forget a small paint brush to detail all those feathers and stripes that are a theme on their flight feathers.

detail2.jpg

Conclusion

Awesome!  Well, for pigeons they are.  Nice little models that are much simpler than making your own.  A scrape of the seams, a little glue and you can be “doing the pigeon” with Bert and Ernie with 36 tiny-weeny models of these feathery, beady-eyed, food scavenging nuisances!

Highly recommended.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of

logo.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, janneman36 said:

Lovely to see that you can built them without an extended gear....

cheers, Jan

A smear of filler should do that... although that may not be a good idea for the ones with their wings folded.  Unless you want to model a suicidal pigeon. :hmmm:

• Haha 1

FINALLY!!! 

All those years wondering why my stash felt incomplete. Thinking I needed another Phantom or Tomcat or Tornado or a ship kit 'diseased' with aftermarket detail. But all I was lacking, the key to my mojo, was the 1/35 Pigeon collection. I have found El Dorado!

• Haha 4

54 minutes ago, Mike said:

white splatter with black blobs they seem to leave wherever they go.

I think you'll find it's white and greenish-brown, a faded Olive Drab is an acceptable match :pipe:

:D

Cheers,

Stew

• Haha 1

Now, now - you all be making fun of pigeons, but they have been affected by this virus as much as the rest of us.....

depressed-pigeon-misses-shitting-on-people-meme by paulbradley109, on Flickr

Edited by Mike
Sorry Paul - it needs editing before it can come back on. Family friendly site, remember?
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

FINALLY!!! 

All those years wondering why my stash felt incomplete. Thinking I needed another Phantom or Tomcat or Tornado or a ship kit 'diseased' with aftermarket detail. But all I was lacking, the key to my mojo, was the 1/35 Pigeon collection. I have found El Dorado!

The perfect accessory for any 1/35th scale pigeon collection

spacer.png

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

Eduard for photo etch breadcrumbs?

Anyone got plans for a pigeon loft?

I’ll see myself out.

Trevor

Seriously I can see the Miniart WWI bus being released as a loft and this set included at some point.

They would miss a trick if they did not

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Julien said:

Seriously I can see the Miniart WWI bus being released as a loft and this set included at some point.

They would miss a trick if they did not

*cough*

Trevor

• Haha 1

On 4/23/2020 at 9:21 AM, Richard E said:

Or they could add to their range of civilian figures by introducing a set of folk from Yorkshire complete with 'tha flat caps 'n' whippets /disengage racial stereotype mode :)

Typical southerner, wait till we send down Nora Batty !

• Haha 1

On 22/04/2020 at 17:58, Stew Dapple said:

I think you'll find it's white and greenish-brown, a faded Olive Drab is an acceptable match :pipe:

:D

Cheers,

Stew

Round these here parts we get white and  purpley reddish pigeon poop.

God knows what they’ve been eating.

I also know that they absolutely love pooping on black fiestas.

Two years ago I found a pigeon splat that was truly the size of a saucer on the windscreen of our

black fiesta. The rest of the car was a fetching shade of white, greenish brown/yellow and black. I daren’t even contemplate what it was that caused such copious movements.

• Haha 1