Intermarium (Central and Eastern European) GB - @30 and IN the bunfight!

Update 10.06.2020: Timeframe removed, Austro/Hungary and Ottoman Empire explicitly accepted.

Subject description

With the success of the Nordic GB, as well as great response to the  French GB proposed for next year I would like to throw another contender in the ring in same vein of a part of the world which deserves more attention from the modelling community IMHO: the Intermarum GB. The main idea is to showcase some of the smaller nations.

The Intermarium was a concept floated around after WWI by polish politicians centered around creating a coalition of the smaller eastern european (predomnantly slavic) nations. While it never got off the ground the geographical area lends itself to some interesting modelling. Therefore I propose the modern day intermarium as a starting poont for a GB.

All subjects - civilian or military - welcome.

Eligible countries would include:

Albania

Bielrussia

Bulgaria

Czech Republic

Estonia

Hungary

Kosovo

Kroatia

Latvia

Lithauania

Macedonia

Moldovia

Montenegro

Poland

Romania

Serbia

Slovakia

Slovenia

Ukraine

images7RVJ2ZT6

The Intermarum as defined for the GB.

Subject would be any equipment or unit manufactured in these countries (or their historical predecessors) or spotting the livery of one of those countries IRL.

In the spirit of ditching the timeframe, subjects from Austro-Hungary and the Ottoman Empire are expicitly accepted well.

The only restriction is that subjects in the liveries of the German Empire, the Third Reich, Soviet Union as well as modern Russia are excluded.

However equipment from those "big players" in livery of the nations included is most welcome.

So bring out the Czech Danas, the Luka Modric figurines, the Hungarian Gripens, the Bulgarian Messerschmitts, Kubicas WRC Car, the Romanian T-55s, the Vilna Urkraina etc...

The bold, brave and brazen:

01. modelling minion

02. Corsairfoxfouruncle

03. stevehed

04. trickyrich

05. dnl42

06. Paul Bradley

07. MarkSH

08. Arniec

09. zebra

10. reini

11. Jabba

12. Rafwaffe

13. Marcin Kaminski (Host)

14. Basilisk

15. Valkyrie

16. Franky Boy

17. Angus Tura

18. Romeo Alpha Yankee

19.Tempestmk5

20. Tim R-T-C

21. Jockney

22. CliffB

23. Wez

24. Jinxman

25. Cookenbacher

26. vppelt68

27. Grandboof

28. klr

29. alt-92

30. Robert Shaw

Edited by Anatol Pigwa
Title ammended
  • Like 3

Never heard of the Intermarum before - interesting bit of history - every day’s a school day!

Count me in. There will be some very interesting modelling options and half my stash would probably fit the bill in one way or another. 

Welcome MarkSh, Arniec and Zebra.

5 hours ago, zebra said:

Never heard of the Intermarum before - interesting bit of history - every day’s a school day!

Count me in. There will be some very interesting modelling options and half my stash would probably fit the bill in one way or another. 

It is a rather obscure piece of history, but cover quite nicely an interesting area of the world in Terms of modelling ;)

3 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Great to see some interest in this GB, I think you will need to get a list up Marcin so we know how many have signed up and how many more we need to reach our goal of 30,

I added the list to the first post. We are currently 1/3 way to the magic 30!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Marcin Kaminski said:

I added the list to the first post. We are currently 1/3 way to the magic 30!

Great news Marcin!

If you need any help with this when it gets up and running there are plenty of us on here who will be willing to give you a hand, I would happily co-host with you if you needed any help.

• 1 month later...

Marcin,

Please put me down for this GB.

Enjoying figure modelling right now, I wonder why you need a start date. Why not make it any time? That would take in many other interesting things, or at least people, and still exclude the Ottoman Empire, Soviet Union and Third Reich?

Alan

On 08/06/2020 at 23:26, Angus Tura said:

Marcin,

Please put me down for this GB.

Enjoying figure modelling right now, I wonder why you need a start date. Why not make it any time? That would take in many other interesting things, or at least people, and still exclude the Ottoman Empire, Soviet Union and Third Reich?

Alan

Hi Alan,

thanks for your Interest. Feel yourself added ;)

You have a good point, as particularly for figure modelling the pre-modern times offer a wealth of options.

I put in the start date in because the idea of Intermarum originated after the fall of the three empires - ottoman, german and russian.

I will ammend this now. It is just important for me to cut out the "big players" as my intention is to spotlight the smaller nations.