Revell 1/72 De Havilland D.H. 2

I decided to build a British WWI aircraft for my first build on this forum, it seems fitting as the name Britmodeller is.

spacer.png

What's in the box.

spacer.png

The gun and engine are less than desirable, so, I replaced them.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here's the gun comparison.

spacer.png

I will try to create an interior.  I will use photos found on-line of a 1/32 scale cockpit for inspiration.

spacer.png

Here's what I came up with, so far.

spacer.png

More to follow...

• Like 13

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Please do if you can - not least as I have this to do at some point. The Revell kit is not a good place to start but I think its all we have in 1/72. When I do mine I expect to replace most of it using a 1/48 Eduard DH2 kit as a guide.

Well I have a 1/48 dh2 in the stash which I’m vaguely nervous about building so good luck with all that boom work in 1/72.

If my Airco and DH gb proposal sees the light of day next year it will definitely get built.

Edited by Marklo

10 hours ago, TallBlondJohn said:

Please do if you can - not least as I have this to do at some point. The Revell kit is not a good place to start but I think its all we have in 1/72. When I do mine I expect to replace most of it using a 1/48 Eduard DH2 kit as a guide.

Eduard did a 1/72 kit back in the day, I have one in the stash.....delicate mouldings to say the least. I see much bamboo or wire in its future...

5 hours ago, Icedtea said:

Eduard did a 1/72 kit back in the day, I have one in the stash.....delicate mouldings to say the least. I see much bamboo or wire in its future...

I have one half finished.  I got to the stage of having to assemble the wings and booms and thats where it has stayed for about five years!

AW

• Like 1