***finished***A New Year Neptune

Here’s one that having picked up in a model zone sale despite having zero modelling ability I crudely assembled, sprayed white and left to languish In a box in my bedroom. May well be have some modelling ability as an adult but I’m still yet to finish a civy build. 616214230.JPG

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, Dansk said:

Cool stu this is A really different build. Let’s help you get s civvy under your belt! Are you going to do airbus corporate scheme or...?

Was going to do it as British airways once I’d finished a much smaller a320neo, but having not just ordered the current boxing, leaning towards bidding on a set of emirates decals, not least as simpler paint job and the fact that emirates flew them over this way where’s as BA did not so I’ve never seen a 380 in BA markings at lowish altitude edit just bid on the emirates decals

Edited by PhantomBigStu

3 minutes ago, Dansk said:

sounds good!

so how old are you stu - 15?

26 currently, think I must have been around 11/12 when I first built this, was either the summer between primary and secondary school or the summer after I started, such a blur now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dansk said:

i was just joking with the 15, 

maybe memories will flood back when you start up on it!

i'm guessing at 1/144 this is still gonna be huge!

Ah right :), suspect this will be one of the most modern kits if not the most modern, know there are couple of younger members than me around 

Superb, the b52 is a big kit too, this one knocks up into a decent model stu,I've got one  in progress  but I've ran out of gloss atm , are you using kit decals, they're  quite good

15 hours ago, Dansk said:

They look great from here stu. Good in the flesh too?

Have never had the chance to apply any of theirs, but they have good reputation. Not started this yet for various reasons, not least as a smaller civy build is going a bit pearshaped, certainly changed my plan painting plan on this, any pretext of brush painting the white is gone.

3 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Have never had the chance to apply any of theirs, but they have good reputation. Not started this yet for various reasons, not least as a smaller civy build is going a bit pearshaped, certainly changed my plan painting plan on this, any pretext of brush painting the white is gone.

Have you got an airbrush?

6 hours ago, Dansk said:

Have you got an airbrush?

No, just a spray can, which I suspect I will have to make sure I’m frugal with as the uk chain store it came from is click and collect for essential items only if our lockdown isn’t eased this week.

6 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

No, just a spray can, which I suspect I will have to make sure I’m frugal with as the uk chain store it came from is click and collect for essential items only if our lockdown isn’t eased this week.

Might be a good time to try airbrushing. It will change your life 😁i started with a 10 pounds (sterling) one and its great to learn on. Takes your models to the next level stu i can heartily recommend. Theres cheap compressor / airbrush kits out there and it ends up cheaper than rattle cans too.

Edited by Dansk

On 5/5/2020 at 6:18 AM, Dansk said:

Might be a good time to try airbrushing. It will change your life 😁i started with a 10 pounds (sterling) one and its great to learn on. Takes your models to the next level stu i can heartily recommend. Theres cheap compressor / airbrush kits out there and it ends up cheaper than rattle cans too.

Won’t see me with an AB any time soon. The rituals involving thinners, cleaning and health protection as well as doing all painting in the shed (which is not in any way suitable for prolonged usage) kills any desire to continue to model. Anyway about to if not start least have a desk clear and a look at the kit. Edit I’ve started :)  Glued the internal parts in and joined the fuselage halves 

49866338741_e1ebcef8c4_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally got the first load of sanding almost done, missed the seam behind the tail so that will be a quick job before I can prime it, then it’ll be working on the fin tip as it broke off whilst to one side somehow before the second lot of sanding 

50005812708_5ac6494179_b.jpg

50006595482_ac87113f51_b.jpg

• Like 5