***finished***A New Year Neptune

On 7/19/2020 at 9:00 AM, modelling minion said:

Good to see that she will be back underway soon.

Yep, troublesome seems prevented it being ready for gloss 2.0 tonight but once it is I promise Ill be more patient to avoid a repeat. And to help my restraint ive turned to the wings, which will be brush painted. 

50142005106_f8a7601e74_b.jpg

• Like 5

She will be looking mighty fine once she has been cared for in your "paint hangar" 🙂 

If you want to safe time on the decals, you can give her the registration A6-EDB and leave her all white (though admittedly a bit boring), that's how the real aircraft will be leaving Emirates and Dubai anytime soon 😪 

• Like 1

Patient respray has gone well, come of spots need a little sanding etc but nice gloss finish that has actually cured. Not working on the wings as I didn’t have a suitable grey, What was meant to be suitable Vallejo for Airbus/Boeing/Voodoo grey was too dark and blue, ordered some lifecolour instead. So working on the sanding of the engines. And @desert falcon, that would mean not using the nice decals I paid for :) 

50163988938_02b957a534_b.jpg

50163988998_577d60ebdf_b.jpg

• Like 6

On 7/29/2020 at 8:03 AM, modelling minion said:

Good job on the fuselage Stu, you've got that looking very nice.

The engines are coming together very nicely too.

Sadly wrong tense, had an incredibly fustrating morning yesterday that wore my patience beyond breaking point and I sprayed them with a heavy coat of what I thought was primer, and instead was gloss, had to strip them, so back to square one. Two steps forward one step back. Still least the wing paint has arrived 

• Sad 2

On 7/31/2020 at 8:54 AM, Dansk said:

Its fighting you this build stu, but you will beat it

Hopefully, taking so long to progress, not least as the lifecolor grey is very thin. A few coats left, then a light sanding before the final few on each side before masking the coroguard and bare metal. As for the engines got touch up the white where a bit of the bare metal leaked through the masking, redo the gunmetal exhausts and paint the pylons grey  

50189871857_f0dab2dd77_b.jpg

50189046693_36768405a2_b.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

You're doing well covering that amount of wing area Stu.

Nice wide brush and doing it a halfside at a time hence the slow progression, much sanding, 4 quarters x 3 coats, much sanding 4q x 5c, plus lifecolour doesn’t dry as quickly as other paints 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Come to a realisation after couple of years of accumulating a vast backlog of WIP builds it can’t go on so I’ve either been finishing them or binning them due to lack of time and space, likewise with this one I’ve decided I’d rather have a 747 on display than this as well so it won’t be done now. Instead this thread will switch to a 747 for the upcoming unarmed GB. Ironic as I actually wanted to do the Revell 747 instead of the 380 but lost out on eBay. Anyway haven’t binned it yet but have the 747. 

51079078556_730d20eff3_b.jpg

• Sad 2

• PhantomBigStu changed the title to Abandoned (what have I done)
  • 6 months later...

Was going so well, interior and pilots painted, fuselage closed up, then notice the pilots and the seats and by extension the interior interior was not level, so apart the fuselage came and had to do a little surgery to get the fuselage back together, so plenty of filler was needed.  resized_9da00c84-f108-4c94-8f38-d19a4473 resized_73c1d575-3094-4104-8430-cd0aec8b 

• Like 1