***finished***A New Year Neptune

Not go the priming done, can currently only prime outside in the afternoon/evening and seems the uk has decided to have afternoon thunderstorms, so instead working on the fin, proving tricky to get the extremity of the corner to stay in place   , was using melted sprue now I’ll try regular sprue. 

50015879582_4d14f16ccc_b.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/17/2020 at 2:47 PM, modelling minion said:

That looks like it should sort the fin tip issue Stu.

It didn’t, have hacked a bit more of the fin of and trying plastic card, thicker so should hold on better though will take a lot to shape it. Any a quick size comp with another build 

50022770517_df742d6c89_b.jpg 50022770592_1697158347_b.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/19/2020 at 6:26 PM, modelling minion said:

She really is a big un' isn't she, the KC-10 isn't exactly small!

Indeed, anyway the plasticard method has worked holding in place during sanding and it is now ready for priming, though tunnel vision on another build means it’ll wait till tommorow

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Done and load more sanding and the primers drying, hopefully that will be the last of the course sanding leaving just the finer grades to finish the prep work before the gloss white can go on. Time is ticking on so have a backup project on its way that will be relatively quick build, matchbox f-5b. Probably should start the engines for this as well. 

• Like 1

Looking good!

Not sure if the kit provides for a choice of engine manufactor (RR or EA), but if so for the A6-EDx series of aircraft, which I belive your decal sheets are having, the Engine Alliance GP7200 would be the right one. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 6:05 PM, Dansk said:

Good work Stu

Not so now, thanks to two separate forms of incompetence I’m now attempting to strip it back to the plastic. Looks like this might end up a long term project and I have to crack on with the f5. 

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Sorry to hear that Stu, but very glad that you have the F-5 as a back up, built lots of them!

Might still see them both, seems Wilko household paints stripper works on appliance white, got quite a bit off already 

• Like 1