Revell 1/144 Flower Class Corvette + Pontos

This is truly stunning. I’ve read the entire WIP too with my eyes getting steadily larger and larger. 

I had been contemplating the Pontos set and am sold, though goodness knows I can’t hope to come close to your skills here. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ajmm said:

This is truly stunning. I’ve read the entire WIP too with my eyes getting steadily larger and larger. 

I had been contemplating the Pontos set and am sold, though goodness knows I can’t hope to come close to your skills here. 

That’s very kind of you, I’ve cropped out most of the sticky glue fingerprints 🥴, The Pontos set really does add a lot.

Guy

On 4/22/2020 at 8:10 AM, Gisbod said:

Thank you all for your comments.

Much appreciated. This Hobby would be much less appealing if we didn’t have the community to share with! 

I couldn’t agree more Richard. The rope was all I had to hand and cotton thread just looked like, well, cotton thread! Is there a source for suitably scaled rope?

I’m still surprised there isn’t an alternative aftermarket for flags. The foil approach is great in 1/32 but I just don’t think it works for smaller scales and a decal wrapped round just looks like a decal! How do you all deal with this? Any alternative approaches?

@robgizlu has very kindly sent me a link for crew. She does look a little ‘Mary Celeste’! 

1/144 is a lovely scale for ships, enough to get detail that doesn’t look ridiculous in macro photography. Having just had a bash at 1/700, and going back to the Corvette, she looks monstrously big!

Any more critiques/ alternatives/ solutions most welcome, I want the next one to be better.

Guy

Hello Guy,

I made a flag in 1/350 with a download of an image of a decal that was printed on cigarette paper with a laser printer. then cut it out and glue the 2 sides together with white glue the rope in the middle. As long as the glue has not dried, you can shape the flag.

spacer.png

Regards

Andreas

On 4/22/2020 at 7:10 AM, Gisbod said:

I’m still surprised there isn’t an alternative aftermarket for flags. The foil approach is great in 1/32 but I just don’t think it works for smaller scales and a decal wrapped round just looks like a decal! How do you all deal with this? Any alternative approaches?

Great work Guy, she looks great.

On the question of flags, I've had some success in 1/350 cutting a piece of heavy kitchen foil to the size of the flag placing it on the inside face face of the decal and wrapping it round a piece of Uschi line;

Flag

Cheers

Nick

• Like 4

• 7 months later...
On 3/8/2021 at 1:36 AM, Jtaylor155 said:

Is the build log still available to view? If yes, where can I locate it?

John

Hi John,

Sure, here it is:

Guy

Guy,

Another quick question. Is the below the waterline gray the same as the dark gray on the aft deck? What color did you use for the lower hull? I like the green color you used for the Semtex. It seems better than the Vallejo green color I have seen used. What color did you use?

Sorry for all the questions, Just assembled my hull and I am trying to figure out my color schemes.

John

Ah thanks,

7 hours ago, Jtaylor155 said:

Guy,

Another quick question. Is the below the waterline gray the same as the dark gray on the aft deck? What color did you use for the lower hull? I like the green color you used for the Semtex. It seems better than the Vallejo green color I have seen used. What color did you use?

Sorry for all the questions, Just assembled my hull and I am trying to figure out my color schemes.

John

Hi again John,

I’m sorry, I really can’t recall, but I’m sure it will be in the build thread somewhere? 

Guy