Revell 1/144 Flower Class Corvette + Pontos

Another absolutely beautiful build there Gisbod!

This is one heck of a sales pitch for Revell and Pontos, I would be amazed if I am the only one inspired to get a larger scale Flower having seen this stunning build!

• Like 1

A fantastic build Guy filled with a myriad of crisp tiny details; it's been a pleasure to follow your build.

I see what you mean about the flag, the shape looks "right" but it looks a bit too heavy when viewed from the top.  The only query I have got is whether the ropes fastening the Carly Floats are too thick ?

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for your comments.

Much appreciated. This Hobby would be much less appealing if we didn’t have the community to share with! 

7 hours ago, Richard E said:

A fantastic build Guy filled with a myriad of crisp tiny details; it's been a pleasure to follow your build.

I see what you mean about the flag, the shape looks "right" but it looks a bit too heavy when viewed from the top.  The only query I have got is whether the ropes fastening the Carly Floats are too thick ?

I couldn’t agree more Richard. The rope was all I had to hand and cotton thread just looked like, well, cotton thread! Is there a source for suitably scaled rope?

I’m still surprised there isn’t an alternative aftermarket for flags. The foil approach is great in 1/32 but I just don’t think it works for smaller scales and a decal wrapped round just looks like a decal! How do you all deal with this? Any alternative approaches?

@robgizlu has very kindly sent me a link for crew. She does look a little ‘Mary Celeste’! 

1/144 is a lovely scale for ships, enough to get detail that doesn’t look ridiculous in macro photography. Having just had a bash at 1/700, and going back to the Corvette, she looks monstrously big!

Any more critiques/ alternatives/ solutions most welcome, I want the next one to be better.

Guy

Edited by Gisbod
  • Like 2

That's excellent work - better than many of the 1/72 efforts I've seen.  

Did you consider going down the cloth flag option?  BECC Flags are printed on cloth (silk i think but please don;t quote me) and start at 10mm upwards.  A 6 ft ensign is 12.7mm in 1/144

• Like 2

Thanks Jeff, 😁

4 hours ago, Iceman 29 said:

We will miss your construction topic, what will be your next project? Plane, boat? 

Pascal.

I do tend to flit about, but I’m still obsessed with ships! 

I’m building a 1/700 Lützow..

Guy

• Like 1