1/32 - German bomber by Infinity Models

Largescale32

Jiri told me that he will add a German bomber to the Infinity Models range.

He asked me if he should do a Do-17Z or a Do-217. My answer was, as always, that he should do a He-177 in 1/32.

For me the Do-217N Nightfighter is more attractive, but on the other hand the Do-17 is important for BoB collection.

Happy modelling,

Heinz

Edited by Largescale32
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For me the Dornier 17 makes best sense. The He177 is big enough in 1/48. In 1/32 it’s a size comparable to the B-17, B-24 and Lancaster. Most modellers will opt for one or more of those three for their collection though I can see the attraction of the 177 sure enough too. 

The Dornier though is more modestly proportioned and one would expect it would “suit” more potential buyers on size. Also the 17 would add to the existing early Luftwaffe bomber trilogy - a hole that’s begging to be filled. 

Of course if he is not persuaded as to the merits of one over the other I’d suggest there is room for all three 117, 17 & 217 in his catalogue. 

Tempted to suggest he goes up 17, 217 and then 117 in that order

34 minutes ago, ABeck said:

Ju 88G

Ju 188

Ju 388

but all already available I think in conversion form from AIMS ?  Why duplicate in a relatively small market plus AIMS do a quality product.

PS  Largescale32 just beat me to it - I was checking AIMS web site to double check my memory.  If its JU 88 orientated John does it well

• Like 1

Afraid my preference is for the Dornier 17Z. It's the major hole in my 1/32 BoB Luftwaffe collection. I would buy one or two in a heartbeat

Interesting that the consensus over on LSP seems to be for the 17Z too. I would have expected the majority there to go for the 177.

Daft question, would this be resin or injection?

Steve

Edited by fightersweep

Do 217 night-fighter would be my preference, but people need a Do 17 otherwise there will be a riot.

It's his call of course, but please ask Jiri about a Su-7 Fitter. Wouldn't mind an Su-11 Fishpot either — fastest jet in the PVO until the Foxbat emerged.

And thanks for the information — much appreciated! 

Tony 

1 hour ago, tony.t said:

Do 217 night-fighter would be my preference, but people need a Do 17 otherwise there will be a riot.

It's his call of course, but please ask Jiri about a Su-7 Fitter. Wouldn't mind an Su-11 Fishpot either — fastest jet in the PVO until the Foxbat emerged.

And thanks for the information — much appreciated! 

Tony 

My preference would be different but I guess a Do-17z is the way to go.

If I would a wish for free I would ad a Su-17/20/22.