Xtradecal X48080 - 74 Squadron F-4J(UK)

Filler

Hi all. Does anyone know whether this decal sheet includes the grey lo-vis ejection seat warning triangles and if the tiger head in the centre of the squadron bar (placed on the cockpit  sides) are orange?

I was thinking of getting a set as the Italeri kit I have has yellow tiger heads and red hi-vis warning triangles -despite the instructions claiming the markings are for a 1984 aircraft. Having said that, £13 plus p&p just for 4 triangles (which I suspect they don't include) and two orange tiger heads for use on a very basic kit that cost under £20 is questionable expenditure.

It's not a great kit by any stretch and I'm not mega fussed about detail. I was even looking at it as a quick build just to get something going. But these two glaring decal errors appear too much for me to ignore. Oddly, a later boxing gets at least the triangles correct.

Has anyone ever tried painting a decal? I imagine it'd not end well if I tried to paint it orange.

1 hour ago, Filler said:

Does anyone know whether this decal sheet includes the grey lo-vis ejection seat warning triangles and if the tiger head in the centre of the squadron bar (placed on the cockpit  sides) are orange?

Yes and No

Both lo-vis and red/white ejection seat triangles are supplied, and the tiger head between the fighter bars is yellow. The tiger heads in two sizes for the tail are in orange. Full set of TIGERSQN letters and serials for F-4J(UK)'s and FGR2's, plus a set of lo-vis roundels/fin flashes

• Thanks 1

Thanks to both of you for the helpful replies. It's tempting as they certainly fix a couple of the issues with Italeri's decals.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the yellow tiger heads are actually accurate? I have yet to come across a photo of a 74sqn Phantom with the tiger heads in yellow.

Cheers,

WV908